Pence: "Yeah, they cheated, but I did the right thing by allowing them to get away with it"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

"Irregularities" are supposed to have no place in our elections. If there are "irregularities" then auditors need to come in and get it regular. The progs whine incessantly about how voter fraud is a (drink!) THREAT TO OUR DEMOCRACY!!! and yet it's their team that's doing all the cheating.

If I were Trump I'd have that rat fink killed. Talk about stabbed in the back....

black dog

Free America
He was a great Governor with a few exceptions with his believes that made law, worthless as VP....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
As I always say "an illegally cast vote DISENFRANCHISES you.

Democrats don't care as long as the fraud is on their side. It's only a THREAT TO OUR DEMOCRACY :drama: when a President exercises his duly authorized duty to nominate Supreme Court Justices.

SamSpade

Democrats don't care as long as the fraud is on their side. It's only a THREAT TO OUR DEMOCRACY :drama: when a President exercises his duly authorized duty to nominate Supreme Court Justices.
I’ve often wondered what might happen if a prominent conservative group openly DECLARED their intent to CHEAT.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

"Irregularities" are supposed to have no place in our elections. If there are "irregularities" then auditors need to come in and get it regular. The progs whine incessantly about how voter fraud is a (drink!) THREAT TO OUR DEMOCRACY!!! and yet it's their team that's doing all the cheating.

If I were Trump I'd have that rat fink killed. Talk about stabbed in the back....
I remember a few years ago it was “I love Mike Pence, he reminds me of Race Bannon” and “he’s the only good man in DC, refuses to have be alone with another woman”. Now you want him killed for doing what He thinks is the right thing? This is getting in to the bipolar range.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I remember a few years ago it was “I love Mike Pence, he reminds me of Race Bannon” and “he’s the only good man in DC, refuses to have be alone with another woman”. Now you want him killed for doing what He thinks is the right thing? This is getting in to the bipolar range.

Hey, if he'd been upfront in the beginning I wouldn't have had to change my mind about him.

Enabling election fraud is NEVER the right thing, and I don't care who says it is.

Bushy23

Republicans are the ones who keep getting busted for election fraud.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

You need got get out more. Acquire more sources....maybe even start to look intelligent.

:killingme..oh who am I kidding?

Say, how's your boy Joey doing in the polls these days?

CPUSA

So, you're saying Republicans needed to take better notes during this last election cycle?
Because I totally agree. The Dems have election fraud down to a science and if Republicans want to win from now on, they need to follow Dems' corrupt example...

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
So, you're saying Republicans needed to take better notes during this last election cycle?
Because I totally agree. The Dems have election fraud down to a science and if Republicans want to win from now on, they need to follow Dems' corrupt example...
There’s a strong possibility that it did involve fraud, but if you can’t prove it then you can’t really do anything about it after the fact. The best you can do is change the rules to preclude it from happening again. So now we’re here changing the rules and listening to the D’s complaining about voter suppression…

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What could Pence have legally done not to perform his required by law obligation regarding the election? It is the States that are the ones that provide the certification of the election it would be up to the States (their judicial and/or legislative body) to resolve any dispute prior to transmitting the results to the Congress.

He could have refused to certify it, pending audits. If someone handed you an official document you suspected was fraudulent, would you still sign off on it?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
He could have refused to certify it, pending audits. If someone handed you an official document you suspected was fraudulent, would you still sign off on it?
That isn't the function of the President of the Senate. The States certify their election results. Did you read the linked law on the matter? :tap:

CPUSA

That isn't the function of the President of the Senate. The States certify their election results. Did you read the linked law on the matter? :tap:
Yes he could have, and stated he was following years of precedent set by many many MANY other politicians who REFUSED TO DO THEIR JOBS...
Then told them to piss off as he walked out.

It's quite easy Ken...I've been watching Politicians make a mockery of our political system for years & get away with it...

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Yes he could have, and stated he was following years of precedent set by many many MANY other politicians who REFUSED TO DO THEIR JOBS...
Then told them to piss off as he walked out.

It's quite easy Ken...I've been watching Politicians make a mockery of our political system for years & get away with it...
Don't think so, the law is clear on what the VP's function is during the counting of the electoral votes. Can you point to another law, or something in the Constitution, that allows for the VP to do otherwise?

CPUSA

Don't think so, the law is clear on what the VP's function is during the counting of the electoral votes. Can you point to another law, or something in the Constitution, that allows for the VP to do otherwise?
No Ken.
But I guess you just skipped right over the part where I said....THEY REFUSE TO DO THEIR JOBS...and that whole MAKING A MOCKERY OF OUR POLITICAL SYSTEM...that would very much allow Pence to do as he pleases & DARE somebody to stop him.
You site law...they tear it up in your face...what good are your words on paper now?