Penn State bans outdoors club from going outside because outside is dangerous

officeguy

You may be right.Although I haven't read about any students drowning or getting lost in any caves.
Pretty sure if they were drinking heavily, I would have.

I don't think there is an allegation of them going into caves drunk. For the university it is a big enough risk if there is any drinking during club sanctioned outings. With #metoo it doesn't matter what the university did, if there is drinking and someone is embarrassed about their choices afterwards, there will be hell to pay.

PsyOps

Pixelated
This certainly doesn't mean that students can't go outside....

This is what they're required to wear when they absolutely must go outside.

bubble.jpg

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I don't think there is an allegation of them going into caves drunk. For the university it is a big enough risk if there is any drinking during club sanctioned outings. With #metoo it doesn't matter what the university did, if there is drinking and someone is embarrassed about their choices afterwards, there will be hell to pay.

But the students are all over 18 they dont warrant adult supervision, they ARE adults. Any injury or death should be their responsibilty not the University's. But i'm sure the college is run by braindead liberals so you get what you get.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I just don't understand what these people are trying to teach kids; that we're to fear everything and not confront those fears? Even going so far as creating something to fear that really isn't fearful.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
We seem to have a growing population of people that want a guarantee of protection against "life"

officeguy

But the students are all over 18 they dont warrant adult supervision, they ARE adults. Any injury or death should be their responsibilty not the University's. But i'm sure the college is run by braindead liberals so you get what you get.

While they are technically adults, society and the college system treats students as children:
- oh they didn't understand that a 'loan' means they have to pay it back.
- oh no, the fact that she got liquored up and went to have sex with several frat brothers doesn't mean she consented to anything that happened.
- yeah they are adults and had they enlisted at 18 we would send them off to fight wars, but we cant allow them to pick up a box of pistol ammo without adult supervision.