Pens Vs. Habs

Baz

This. ------------------>
Penguins in 6.

Pens know how to forecheck and cycle the puck low, unlike our recently dispatched Caps.

JoeR

Penguins in 6.

Pens know how to forecheck and cycle the puck low, unlike our recently dispatched Caps.

Personaly I'd like the Pens in 4 straight, but then again I've been a biased Pens fan since the mid 70's. Actually any 4 of the next 7 will work. :yahoo:

Baz

Personaly I'd like the Pens in 4 straight, but then again I've been a biased Pens fan since the mid 70's. Actually any 4 of the next 7 will work. :yahoo:

Personally I never predict a sweep, and Halak can steal a couple games. I was being fair in picking 6. LET'S GO PENS!!!

OldHillcrestGuy

Pens in a sweep, being a Cap fan, its hard to say that. I can't see the Pens, playing as poorly as the Caps did and not scoring on the powerplay. Halak cant keep playing the way he did the last 3 games. Pens will light him up. Malkin and Crosby will have field day scoring goals.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Penguins in 6.

I wanna know how they match up with Gomez and Camilleri and that other tiny fast dude who caused the Caps non stop misery?

JoeR

Personally I never predict a sweep, and Halak can steal a couple games. I was being fair in picking 6. LET'S GO PENS!!!

Oh no. I'm not predicting a sweep. I would love to see a sweep, but like I said I just want them to win any 4 of the 7.

Baz

Oh no. I'm not predicting a sweep. I would love to see a sweep, but like I said I just want them to win any 4 of the 7.

I understood, and a Penguins sweep would be appreciated, but I figure Montreal's gotta win at least one at home. :cheers:

Baz

Pittsburgh's already scored more powerplay goals against the Habs in less than 1 period than the Caps managed in 7 games.

Baz

Penguins' Powerplay is now 4-4.

That's what quality coaching does for ya.

Caps PP was broke! :killingme

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
I wanna know how they match up with Gomez and Camilleri and that other tiny fast dude who caused the Caps non stop misery?

Pens win game 1, scoring 6 to Montreal's 3.

Who is the "tiny fast dude"??? I only watched game7 against the Caps and tuned into that in the middle of the 2nd period. Anybody got a name?

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Penguins' Powerplay is now 4-4.

That's what quality coaching does for ya.

Caps PP was broke! :killingme

Don't forget, the Habs started out slow in round 1 and Caps beat the Pens FOUR times this season. I know it's the playoffs, but I'm just sayin'.

Baz

Pens win game 1, scoring 6 to Montreal's 3.

Who is the "tiny fast dude"??? I only watched game7 against the Caps and tuned into that in the middle of the 2nd period. Anybody got a name?

I'm not sure, but I think he's referring to Mike Cammalleri.

Baz

Jordan Staal's out for the playoffs. Severed tendon. That's a huge loss.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Jordan Staal's out for the playoffs. Severed tendon. That's a huge loss.

According to Penguins' website:

Staal was not ruled out for the semifinal series, but Bylsma would not put on time table on his condition.

"As far as a time frame goes we will not put a time frame on it at this point," Bylsma said. "But he has not been ruled out for a return."

If he does play, he definitely won't be at his best and that's a big loss for both the team and Staal. However, he's only 21, and it would be really stupid to push it and possibly cause further injury for the future. Hopefully, they'll err on the side of caution.

Baz

According to Penguins' website:

If he does play, he definitely won't be at his best and that's a big loss for both the team and Staal. However, he's only 21, and it would be really stupid to push it and possibly cause further injury for the future. Hopefully, they'll err on the side of caution.

Oh, that's good! Thanks for the update!
NBC stated he was out for the playoffs. Whenever he's ready, he'll be back, the Penguins won't rush him out sooner.