Permanent Make-Up?

KWAK

Has anyone done it? Love it? Hate it? Totally regret it? I have an appointment on the 24th of May to get my lower and upper lids done! Can't wait to not have to put eyeliner on anymore!

Has anyone done it? Love it? Hate it? Totally regret it? I have an appointment on the 24th of May to get my lower and upper lids done! Can't wait to not have to put eyeliner on anymore!

My mothers friend had her eyebrows done and it looks 'effing hideous. Now - maybe small, intrusive areas like you are going to get done would be OK, but isn't that going to hurt like hell?

ITSUX2BU2

Are you getting the tatoo'd eye liner????
I have seen some good and some really bad. And unfortunately the really bad is really bad - uneven eye brows and not too straight eye liner. There is a lady that works at Illusions in Charlotte Hall that has a biz in Waldorf - Cambridge Medical Center that is really good.

KWAK

They numb you! My sis just had it done and it looks AWESOME!! Some place out in Vienna. Yes - I'm just talking eyeliner! I wouldn't mess with my eyebrows - wax those myself - you never know what look will be "in" next year, ya know?? But I will always wear eyeliner!

mdsmile44

I had my upper and lower eyeliner done 8 weeks ago. The first night I was horrified with what I saw...two days later I loved it and continue to love it. I just went back for my 6 week touch up.....I love the outcome----but having it done while not painful was horrible.

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
My mothers friend had her eyebrows done and it looks 'effing hideous. Now - maybe small, intrusive areas like you are going to get done would be OK, but isn't that going to hurt like hell?

My hairdresser has had her brows done. Twice. By the same local lady. Can't remember her name but I know where her office is on 235. :whistle:
Her I would NOT recommend.

I met someone who had the liner (upper and lower) years ago. Her's looked nice.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
They numb you! My sis just had it done and it looks AWESOME!! Some place out in Vienna. Yes - I'm just talking eyeliner! I wouldn't mess with my eyebrows - wax those myself - you never know what look will be "in" next year, ya know?? But I will always wear eyeliner!

Please post pic's I'd be interested to see what the outcome is ?

WishyWashy

:offtopic: I want to start waxing my own eyebrows... any recommendations or help would be appricated:eyebrow:

ginwoman

Yup, just had it done 2 weeks ago. Love it. Will probably be going back for touch-up. The procedure itself is not fun. They put numbing drops in your eyes, but I'm not sure if that really helped.

Good luck with your decision.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
There's a chic in our circle of friends here who has it (the eyes lined) and it was done about 7 years ago. It resembles a faded tattoo that "bleeds/feathers" over time. Not sure if it's that it was a bad job on her, or if that's just what happens to it over time. But for something permanent on what is your body's first physical impression "canvas", I'd be skittish about it. It's not like a tat on your arm that you can cover with long sleeves.

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
I know someone that has it done. I wouldn't do it. I don't think I could handle the pain :lmao: I have one tattoo that will forever remain on my body.

butterfly08

I myself wear eyeliner all the time, but i'm not sure if I would have it permanently done. It may be worth it now but when you get older it may look silly. I think there are some pros (you won't have to do your eyeliner everyday, and it may look great) to doing it, but then again there are many more cons. (when you get older it may not look right, it may not be done right, with tattooing there is always a possibility with infection...) But hey...it really all depends on what you want to do!

H

HouseCat

Just remember, what looks good on you now, isn't going to look as hot 30-40 years down the road. You have to change your colors as you age. Darker eyeliner/mascara doesn't compliment wrinkled eyes, but instead makes your age more noticable and paler skin tones look washed out.
Something to consider.. might want to go with a more natural looking brown/taupe. Just my two cents.

D1VA

Are you getting the tatoo'd eye liner????
I have seen some good and some really bad. And unfortunately the really bad is really bad - uneven eye brows and not too straight eye liner. There is a lady that works at Illusions in Charlotte Hall that has a biz in Waldorf - Cambridge Medical Center that is really good.

Thats the lady who did mine. I love it! I could never get the top on correctly. Here is a silly picture my 4 year old took of mine on her little kid camera. You can see that it's not dark or thick. Perfect for me

I must admit, it was uncomfortable but worth it.

Attachments

• eyes.jpg
    eyes.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 114