Perry Dropping Out?

awpitt

Main Streeter
CNN is reporting that, "Rick Perry tells supporters he is dropping his bid for GOP presidential nomination today, two sources tell CNN."

Vale

This Space For Rent
From the AP:

Texas Gov. Rick Perry is abandoning his presidential bid and endorsing Newt Gingrich.

That's according to Republican officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity to avoid pre-empting the Republican presidential candidate's announcement.

Perry plans a news conference at 11 a.m. in South Carolina, where he will announce his decision.

He has faced calls to drop out of the race in recent days as polls show him languishing while Gingrich gains steam.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
And they say the man isn't a reader.

Seems he finally got a hold of a newspaper from two months ago. :shrug:

awpitt

Main Streeter
And they say the man isn't a reader.

Seems he finally got a hold of a newspaper from two months ago. :shrug:

LOL

I was originally surprised, thinking why wouldn't just wait and see what happens on Sat, but I forgot about the endorsement aspect of the timing.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
LOL

I was originally surprised, thinking why wouldn't just wait and see what happens on Sat, but I forgot about the endorsement aspect of the timing.

Yeah. These things have all sorts of moving parts. Santorum would be Perry's natural ally, so, you endorse him right? And, barring that, you'd think he'd move to getting on the Mitt bandwagon as the likely winner who would then best have something to offer Perry. But, he endorses Newt who has an obviously much tougher road to the nomination. Veep offer?

In any event, it will be interesting to see where Perry's three remaining supporters go.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Yeah. These things have all sorts of moving parts. Santorum would be Perry's natural ally, so, you endorse him right? And, barring that, you'd think he'd move to getting on the Mitt bandwagon as the likely winner who would then best have something to offer Perry. But, he endorses Newt who has an obviously much tougher road to the nomination. Veep offer?

In any event, it will be interesting to see where Perry's three remaining supporters go.

I understand that one of Newt's EXs is being interviewed by ABC tonight so we'll see what that brings.