Persian Kabobs

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
camily said:
:whistle:
And it was funny wasn't it. :roflmao:

:love: It was.

I was sitting here thinking to myself that cider is sweet and this was kind of bitter that I was sure it wasn't marinated in cider, maybe cider vinegar but not just cider. I'm so innocent and stuff. :killingme

camily

Peace
pixiegirl said:
:love: It was.

I was sitting here thinking to myself that cider is sweet and this was kind of bitter that I was sure it wasn't marinated in cider, maybe cider vinegar but not just cider. I'm so innocent and stuff. :killingme
Oh Pixie, you sweet and innocent soul. That made me laugh out loud when I read that and pictured the look on your face when you figured it out.

Mikeinsmd

pixiegirl said:
I assume the food is Persian since I asked the woman who owns Silver Skewers in Waldorf where she was from and she said Persia.
Interesting since it hasn't been called Persia in ages.

She's from Iran.

Then again, I wouldn't want to broadcast I was from there.

Could someone please send K_Jo a PMer explaining this thread. I would, but I'm not allowed to contact her for a set period of time.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Mikeinsmd said:

She's from Iran.

Maybe she moved here ages ago?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Mikeinsmd said:
Before 1935?? :lol:

I doubt she was 10 years my dad's senior but anything is possible I suppose. Highly unlikely. Let the lady have her glory; she makes kick arse food! I don't care if she's from Antarctica and claims to be from England!

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
pixiegirl said:
I'd give her about my dad's age which is late 50's born in the mid to late 40s. She may have aged REALLY well though. :yay:
You never know though. My grandma was born in 1924 and looks like she's in her 60s.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Nickel said:
You never know though. My grandma was born in 1924 and looks like she's in her 60s.

Mikey doesn't know what he's talking about anyway. I googled Persian cuisine and think I may have found it. What does saffron taste like?

Mikeinsmd

pixiegirl said:
Mikey doesn't know what he's talking about anyway. I googled Persian cuisine and think I may have found it. What does saffron taste like?
:smack: I do too brat!!

And saffron is like yellow rice.

CMC122

Go Braves!
Mikeinsmd said:

She's from Iran.

I've known lots of Middle Eastern people say that they are from Persia. It's better to say you are from Persia then Iran apparently, atleast that's what I understand.

SmallTown

Football season!
Mikeinsmd said:

She's from Iran.

Why not?

Besides, many call themselves persians.

As for the question in the thread, I have no idea what they use, but I'm heading to Moby Dick's tonight :yum:

camily

Peace
My son's cub scout pack is working on their culture credit and they had a speaker from Iran the other night (one of the boys father). He repeatedly referred to Iran and his culture as "Persian". He was a wonderful speaker and the boys were very impressed. I did not however, ask him what he soakes his meat in. Sorry.