Personal Security

FED_UP

With all due respect I have a question to the parents of or any party that is or has served in the armed forces of the US.

WHY do you put a decal, bumper sticker or license plate on your car that identifies you as such?

With so many people in the world out to make a point, don't you think this makes you a target or more of a target?

I'm not suggesting you should not be proud of your service and sacrifice, just quesitoning the wisdom of advertising in such a public manner with all the nsaties out there.

Carry on.

PS It's something that's been on my mind for a while and a question in another thread asking, "Are you military" just reminded me.

Be safe and have a great weekend

Decent question, proud of what they acheived, or proud at there current position. But yes it is a risk to display "I am military or prior military". First target for terrorist. People have been told it is a risk to display overseas or at home but those who choose to do so make a statement that they are Americans and are not afraid. Foolish, but it is what it is for each person.

Mdbtyhtr

Along the same argument is the "Thin Blue Line" stickers, black back ground with a horizontal blue stripe. I would not want my vehicle identified as such, were I a police officer, as it would invite some retaliatory action on the part of a gang member or angry wanna be felon. The retaliation may be on a family member instead of the officer. Besides, I know plenty of people that have them on their cars that are not officers.

As far as the military stickers are concerned...I would think that terrorists would prefer softer targets, and not someone who is trained to do something about it.

To the OP, good thoughtful post.

Cowgirl

I never thought of military stickers being dangerous. I do wonder why people decide to put family stickers with all their kids' names on their windows, or sports decals of the local HS teams with their kids' names and jersey numbers. :doh:

T

toppick08

I was told by the manager of our local MVA, that county pride stickers could be perceived as a possible "victim" status when going into our state's urban areas.....I told him that works both ways.........so I got 4 of them....:yay: