Pet fish suggestions?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
We have a preggers Golden Lab.. I'm sure the babies are going to be fish food, but if I have any surviviors you'r welcome to them.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
itsbob said:
We have a preggers Golden Lab.. I'm sure the babies are going to be fish food, but if I have any surviviors you'r welcome to them.
Pet fish suggestions? 04-02-2007 10:59 PM Get her spayed and you neutered..save both dogs and humans form more unwanted offspring!

Golden Lab is a FISH you moron.. look at the thread title.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
itsbob said:
Pet fish suggestions? 04-02-2007 10:59 PM Get her spayed and you neutered..save both dogs and humans form more unwanted offspring!

You'd think they'd have at least sent you nasty karma about feeding the "puppies" to the fish. :roflmao:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
itsbob said:

Some people are unbelievably stupid.

keekee

I had an Oscar years ago. He was really cool.
If I held tubefix (sp?) worms just above the water, he would jump out of the water to get them.

Only problem was... he ate all of my other fish. :lmao:

Midnightrider

itsbob said:
Are they mouth breeders?

I had some electric blues that gave me about 40 bazillion babies, but the mom carried them in her mouth so long she starved. then all her babies died b/c the tank heater failed and boiled em.....

I have Jack dempseys now in with a 10 inch Gar and a pike chichlid. The pike and gar only eat live food, fun to feed, 20 feeders last about 10 minutes with all of them in a frenzy.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Just go over to St. Mary's Lake and catch some small bluegill or sunfish. Very pretty, easy to care for and will eat just about anything. Can tolerate cold water so you don't need a tank heater.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Midnightrider said:
Are they mouth breeders?

I had some electric blues that gave me about 40 bazillion babies, but the mom carried them in her mouth so long she starved. then all her babies died b/c the tank heater failed and boiled em.....

I have Jack dempseys now in with a 10 inch Gar and a pike chichlid. The pike and gar only eat live food, fun to feed, 20 feeders last about 10 minutes with all of them in a frenzy.
Noticed last week, that not only was she not eating, she was actually dodging the food. She's got a mouth full of eggs now. SHe's a SMALL fish so I have no idea how she's supposed to survive. AND we have no idea which of the other fish is the dad.

We do live feeders about two or three times a month.. Have 15 fish in the tank now, and even the smallest cichlid will eat a raspora almost the same size.

I've got a Pleco about 10 inches long, BIG Dempsey's and Red Devil, and amongst all the killer fish, one tiny Barb that's been there from the beginning.