***Petition for Sgt Rafael Peralta's Medal of Hono

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Why is this posted to the Politics forum? Could it be because you're trying to politicize the process for awarding the MOH?

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
. . .second guessed by the technicians in their safe environment.

...asked five individuals, including a neurosurgeon and two forensic pathologists, to review the Peralta case.
...it looks like Secretary Gates was told Peralta may not have been physically capable of conciously pulling the grenade against his body due to his mortal head wound.

jlfree25

Steelers Fan 4-life
Eyewitnesses to a heroic act,second guessed by the technicians in their safe environment.

I will sign I had a friend who is a gunner and his humvee was blown up by a ied. After being blown into the air he preceeded to pull everyone to safety and return fire (adrinaline rush). After all threat was gone he passed out. He went through several surgeries for ruptred sleen and brain damage and broken rips.

He never received his medal of honor and has now been called back to Iraq.

MightyWarMonger

Why is this posted to the Politics forum? Could it be because you're trying to politicize the process for awarding the MOH?

Well I was not sure were the most aproprate place to post it was and I thought this was close to the right forum. At the time I posted this it was late and didn't think to long on the apropriate area I just wanted to post it to help a fellow Marine I served with. Somthing I lerned while I was in Iraq was that no one tries to be a hero they are just trying to survive and help each other.