Pets and the hurricane

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Originally posted by appyday
Well guys I just found this thread. I have been busy all day..very very stressed..I do not think you know what I have..I will spill my guts now...I have 4 horses here. I have 10 llamas..I have Yoshi I have 5 Boxers ...and did you know I have been breeding and showing Persians Himmys and exotics for 17 yrs..I have 30 adult cats...I have two ferrets..a hairless cavy and two birds...hell did I miss anyone...I take care of my 83 yr old mom with alzheimers..last time we were in the bathroom with a matress over us she kept crawling out...I have 3 cars and two horse trailers..everything I have worked for is here..

If we need we will take the two trucks and trailers and leave but I do not even know if I can do that...how do I get them all in...physically Yoshi would be a fight...so would the llamas...

My show horse will stay in the barn he has no common since...the pregnant mares and the yearling will be loose in a field with a heavy barn they can run into...If I have to I will put my phone number on them with spray paint..I hear they are better off out but I will leave Roger in...

any ideas...??
WOW. Good luck.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Oh wow! I haven't any suggestions. It's dying out a bit, so maybe we'll get lucky and just get a bunch of rain.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Christy I have a carrier that will fit the girls if you need to get them in the back of a truck...I am sure though that they could not jump out.

Thanks Appy. I think we're gonna stick it out here. If you need help with your animals give me a yell. Steve knows how to deal with horses, and I can take care of Yoshi. :biggrin:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Christy..let me ask you something..my 13 yr old just called me crying..she had chea\erleading from 6-8....she called at 7 45 and said everyone left..even the coach and she was there alone and crying..thank god she has a cell phone..right now I plan to cuss the coach out at the very least..am I over reacting or should she have stayed at least to the advertised pick up time?? I am pizzzed

Oh I'd be pizzed! You have every right to be upset. Jeeze oh flip. How could any adult just leave a kid all by themselves?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
am I over reacting??
Um, no. That situation would be one of the times where I'd have to rant a good bit, then drink a beer, then rant some more before I could call the coach and remain reasonably civil. She just, like, ditched the kid there? :confused: Yeah, I'd have been hot.

Christy

b*tch rocket
as for Yoshi....you all are scaring me...warm place and pigs dont make me feel very well :bawl:

Don't trust em with Yoshi! They're already preparing the pit! :bawl:

Evil women. :rolleyes: :bawl:

K

Kizzy

as for Yoshi....you all are scaring me...warm place and pigs dont make me feel very well

It sounds like Christy's pigs will be inside sitting on the sofa watching the weather channel.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by IM4Change
It sounds like Christy's pigs will be inside sitting on the sofa watching the weather channel.

Heck yeah! :yay: I might even be nice and get them a watermelon. :yum:

And for you pork eaters out there! :moon: :neener:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
like this:confused:
:killingme :lmao: That pic made me laugh so hard I thought Larry was going to have to medicate me! :killingme Then my daughter came up to see what was so funny and SHE cracked up! :lmao:

All he needs is an ice cream bowl beside him....
:killingme

slackwater514

recommendation for all large farm animals - breakaway halters with name tags that identify them, where they're kept, your information, and any specifics to each animal. having just a phone number on them is okay if the phone lines don't go down. i have laminated tags for each of my horses' halters that describe them, any medical problems and how to treat them if need be, my home location and phone number. that way if the phone lines go down and so do my fences, my neighbors at least know where they horses need to come back to. and if i'm not there for whatever reason, they know how to treat any problems a horse might have.
just a suggestion.
everyone make sure you have plenty of dog food/cat food/horse feed/pig feed/goat feed/etc.

Christy

b*tch rocket
:have a call in to the head of the foot ball teams..hope he will help...

I wouldn't count on it. He's not been known for his friendly demeanor. :rolleyes:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by kwillia
They have all always stated that they are not responsible for the kids
Isn't that something?

Our policy up here is different - the only thing parents have to do is make sure the coach has arrived before you drop your kid off. There was an incident where a parent just dumped her kid off outside and took off, not realizing that practice had been cancelled. The deserted parking lot and dark building didn't tip her off, apparently. :duh:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Soooooo, my evil wicked mother made me give my dog away when I left my husband and moved back home. She doesn't like big dogs and after about 6 months of him running around in her back yard and playing in the flower beds like and respectable dog would do she made me find him a new home. Anyway she didn't give me much time (she was pi$$ed cause he decided to play in her puddle pond) and I ran an ad for him. Being half pit bull I got a ton of calls from undesierables for him. I gave him to a guy who was going to make him an outside dog (with proper shelter of course. I dropped him off to make sure.)

Would it be unreasonable since I know where he is to go make sure he'll be properly taken care of later this week?

Christy..let me ask you something..my 13 yr old just called me crying..she had chea\erleading from 6-8....she called at 7 45 and said everyone left..even the coach and she was there alone and crying..thank god she has a cell phone..right now I plan to cuss the coach out at the very least..am I over reacting or should she have stayed at least to the advertised pick up time?? I am pizzzed
I think you are UNDER reacting! If this were to happen with my kid, his soccer coach would have to go into the witness protection plan to escape my wrath.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Originally posted by jaybeeztoo
I think I am going to get some dog tags for them. I like that suggestion, storm or no storm.

don't they have hoof-print kits (like they do for kids)?

:biggrin:

good luck with your solutions for the horses. I hadn't even thought about what people would do with them :frown: