PF was a CF Friday Morning

Hank

my war
If I may ...

Come on Hank. I'm not a boot licker like most blindly supporting "law enforcement". Is there a need for those that would investigate crimes committed against citizenry? Is there a need for peace officers? Yes. But there is no need to have what basically is a standing Army under a Sheriff that has utilized mission creep to the inth degree. There is no more community policing. Only jack booted thugs dressed solely to intimidate and instill fear and obedience in the people supposedly they serve. Balls? I've got plenty big balls. Seems it's you that are lacking.

You're mental... You put these Officers down and you have never even met any of them. You think they have a say in what they wear? Funny, I have never felt intimidated or have feared any of our Officers nor have worried about what they are wearing in all my years living here. I barely even see them, honestly... Something had to have happened to you or a family member to have such disdain for them. I really hope you never need our Sheriff's Department, and if you do, I sure hope you don't reach out for them as it will stain your integrity or lack thereof... You sound like that maniac, Hobar.

frequentflier

happy to be living
You're mental... You put these Officers down and you have never even met any of them. You think they have a say in what they wear? Funny, I have never felt intimidated or have feared any of our Officers nor have worried about what they are wearing in all my years living here. I barely even see them, honestly... Something had to have happened to you or a family member to have such disdain for them. I really hope you never need our Sheriff's Department, and if you do, I sure hope you don't reach out for them as it will stain your integrity or lack thereof... You sound like that maniac, Hobar.
ouch

catlingirl

It seems like everyday it’s a different traffic pattern. Never know what to expect from day to day. My daughter must love that on her way to school each morning. Keeps everybody on their toes I guess.

TPD

the poor dad
It seems like everyday it’s a different traffic pattern. Never know what to expect from day to day. My daughter must love that on her way to school each morning. Keeps everybody on their toes I guess.

Yes I agree. This morning there were dotted white lines every - no one knew which were the real lane dividers.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Put these officers, "deputies", down? They are merely followers, nothing more. I put the leadership down. I do not fear these wanna be somethings, nor, am I intimidated by, them, at all. "Need" our Sheriffs Office? Hahahahahahaa. Spilt my beer over that one. I'm not the type to have to call for help, or rely on the costumed ones, with shinny badges, like the rest of the majority are. Nothing has ever happened to me or family at the hands of your precious, "law enforcement". But I do recognize incompetent mismanagement. The narcissistic need to instill fear, and intimidation, rather than respect. The disdain I have is the mission creep. The lack of, the absence of, peace officers. The nonexistence of professional leadership. Btw, I've met many, and know quite a few. That also happen to loathe the current leadership.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
If I may ...

Put these officers, "deputies", down? They are merely followers, nothing more. I put the leadership down. I do not fear these wanna be somethings, nor, am I intimidated by, them, at all. "Need" our Sheriffs Office? Hahahahahahaa. Spilt my beer over that one. I'm not the type to have to call for help, or rely on the costumed ones, with shinny badges, like the rest of the majority are. Nothing has ever happened to me or family at the hands of your precious, "law enforcement". But I do recognize incompetent mismanagement. The narcissistic need to instill fear, and intimidation, rather than respect. The disdain I have is the mission creep. The lack of, the absence of, peace officers. The nonexistence of professional leadership. Btw, I've met many, and know quite a few. That also happen to loathe the current leadership.
Oooh, i felt fear and intimidation this morning while leaving the gym. That big badass meanie Sheriff Evans was holding the door for me and some others on the way out of the building.

I was soooo skeeered and intimidated. :bawl:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Oooh, i felt fear and intimidation this morning while leaving the gym. That big badass meanie Sheriff Evans was holding the door for me and some others on the way out of the building.

I was soooo skeeered and intimidated. :bawl:
I was chatting with a big huge biker dude that was a former DC Narco this weekend. I was so skeered... :lol:

PsyOps

Pixelated
I do not fear these wanna be somethings

Tell me something tough guy... when you're home is broken into, or your car stolen, or your child kidnapped are you going to just say "oh well, life is tough" or are you going to call a "wanna be something" to investigate and catch the criminals?

What is it that causes you to believe that our cops are "wanna be somethings"? They are something. They are the ones that go towards the shooting while everyone else is running away. They, like our military, volunteer to die in protection of you. That isn't "wanna be something"; that is something. What's wrong with you people that causes you to hate cops so much?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Oooh, i felt fear and intimidation this morning while leaving the gym. That big badass meanie Sheriff Evans was holding the door for me and some others on the way out of the building. I was soooo skeeered and intimidated. :bawl:
Amazed you didn't' bend down and kiss the hem of his pant.

Tell me something tough guy... when you're home is broken into, or your car stolen, or your child kidnapped are you going to just say "oh well, life is tough" or are you going to call a "wanna be something" to investigate and catch the criminals?

What is it that causes you to believe that our cops are "wanna be somethings"? They are something. They are the ones that go towards the shooting while everyone else is running away. They, like our military, volunteer to die in protection of you. That isn't "wanna be something"; that is something. What's wrong with you people that causes you to hate cops so much?
Did you not read where I said there, "Is there a need for those that would investigate crimes committed against citizenry?" "Yes." It is apparent you blindly accept the supporting and marketing propaganda that is 'everything' "law enforcement". Hummm. How many murders in Calvert County have yet to be solved? How many burglaries still are unsolved? How many other crimes are still waiting for resolution? It is unfortunate you can't see, or refuse to accept, what has evolved from an Office of peace officers working for the citizens, to that of those working against the citizens. And please, let's get real. They are not volunteering to die in the protection of anyone. Most join for the power of authority to exert upon others the position bestows, and for the money and gratuitous benefits and pension.

PsyOps

Pixelated
If I may ...

Did you not read where I said there, "Is there a need for those that would investigate crimes committed against citizenry?" "Yes." It is apparent you blindly accept the supporting and marketing propaganda that is 'everything' "law enforcement". Hummm. How many murders in Calvert County have yet to be solved? How many burglaries still are unsolved? How many other crimes are still waiting for resolution? It is unfortunate you can't see, or refuse to accept, what has evolved from an Office of peace officers working for the citizens, to that of those working against the citizens. And please, let's get real. They are not volunteering to die in the protection of anyone. Most join for the power of authority to exert upon others the position bestows, and for the money and gratuitous benefits and pension.

I'm specifically addressing your comment "wanna be somethings" regarding cops in general. What makes you even think that this is remotely in theirs heads when they join the force?

I don't blindly accept anything out government does. What I don't do, as well, is disparage the very people that will risk their lives trying to protect us. It's fair to question methods and means; it's not fair to disparage them.

Last edited:

Hannibal

Can you show me on this doll where the police have hurt you? It's obvious there is some history there ..........

-plush-police-toy---1313483585-0.jpg

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Can you show me on this doll where the police have hurt you? It's obvious there is some history there ..........

-plush-police-toy---1313483585-0.jpg
How about a very succinct quote?

“Since when have we Americans been expected to bow submissively to authority and speak with awe and reverence to those who represent us? The constitutional theory is that we the people are the sovereigns, the state and federal officials only our agents. We who have the final word can speak softly or angrily. We can seek to challenge and annoy, as we need not stay docile and quiet.”—Justice William O. Douglas, dissenting, Colten v. Kentucky, 407 U.S. 104 (1972)

stgislander

PREMO Member
If I may ...

How about a very succinct quote?

“Since when have we Americans been expected to bow submissively to authority and speak with awe and reverence to those who represent us? The constitutional theory is that we the people are the sovereigns, the state and federal officials only our agents. We who have the final word can speak softly or angrily. We can seek to challenge and annoy, as we need not stay docile and quiet.”—Justice William O. Douglas, dissenting, Colten v. Kentucky, 407 U.S. 104 (1972)
Unfortunately Justice Douglas was the dissenting view.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I'm specifically addressing your comment "wanna be somethings" regarding cops in general. What makes you even think that this is remotely in theirs heads when they join the force?

I don't blindly accept anything out government does. What I don't do, as well, is disparage the very people that will risk their lives trying to protect us. It's fair to question methods and means; it's not fair to disparage them.
Because many of them are just like that. Anyone can tell from looking at their demeanor and how they present themselves. What we have now has become a quasi militarized force promoting a warrior cop mindset. Even the uniforms and the wearing of militarized gear portray as such. We now have a civilian police force that has adopted the equipment, operational tactics, mindsets, and culture of the military. No longer do we have peace officers, such as Deputy Libby, that patrolled, on foot, after parking, going into businesses in shopping centers, and chatting it up with the proprietors and customers, walking the county fair actually interacting and engaging people in conversation, etc., all the while wearing a uniform that rivaled that of patrol State Troopers of today. Not standing around or walking in pairs all tactically dressed just waiting in anticipation for the moment to spring into action. Instead, we now have people getting pulled over for whatever connoted reason to interact with a deputy in full blown militarized gear. Interactions, which does nothing but to instill fear and intimidation and as well buttresses the truth of the fears that the civilian character of law enforcement is all but dead. That grey and white, thin blue line, flag sure does fly proudly above all others at Assistant Sheriff McDowell's fair booth selling such, "law enforcement", propaganda accoutrements. I disparage, most of, them, because they enjoy full immunity to treat people with indifference. But I understand. It's too close to home for you to believe. A near impossibility. You, and others, want so badly to think that they have your best interests at heart. Not like those "other" agency officers and deputies in another County, or State, you hear about in the news. You do realize that law enforcement has not always been a formal, government-run entity in the United States? Right? It was volunteers, and part-timers, that only focused on common law violators. Ya know, like theft, murder, crimes against another person or property?

Bann

PREMO Member
If I may ...

:lmao: No, I wasn't raised in a barn. I said thank you, and good morning, Sheriff Evans, how are you today? I see him frequently, as he comes to the Republican Women Leaders of Calvert meetings that I attend at least a couple of times a year and will listen to our concerns as well as give us updates on various issues in the county. I'm sure I will also see him at the Calvert County Fair this coming weekend. He's pretty visible in the community.

Personally, I think it's pretty cool to see the Sheriff working out in the gym. There are many deputies who do - right alongside all the commoners, I mean citizenry. :yay:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

:lmao: No, I wasn't raised in a barn. I said thank you, and good morning, Sheriff Evans, how are you today? I see him frequently, as he comes to the Republican Women Leaders of Calvert meetings that I attend at least a couple of times a year and will listen to our concerns as well as give us updates on various issues in the county. I'm sure I will also see him at the Calvert County Fair this coming weekend. He's pretty visible in the community.

Personally, I think it's pretty cool to see the Sheriff working out in the gym. There are many deputies who do - right alongside all the commoners, I mean citizenry. :yay:
Yeah well, I just address him as Mike when I see him. You do know that his strings are pulled by someone else, right?

Bann

PREMO Member
If I may ...

Yeah well, I just address him as Mike when I see him. You do know that his strings are pulled by someone else, right?

When I greet him in public I address him as Sheriff. It's a sign of respect.

Whatever your grudge with him is, I frankly don't care. Your little pissing match is a tedious waste of my time.

BernieP

Resident PIA
What are you, the fashion police, Twinkle Toes? You really feel threatened by the way they dress? Grow some balls! Sounds like you might be up to something and the paranoia sets in when you are around them...
He's not the first to question the "militarization" of police departments. Uniforms are selected to send a message. It's why the state police are called Troopers, not officer. They wear the smokey bear hat on their head at all times, tipped forward, to look like a DI. That one guy you don't want to mess with. That by the way came from an Oklahoma "Trooper" on Live PD when he was asked about the hat.

Officers do take on the personality of leadership. A department in their own image.
Grew up in a township that was a one party town, but that party had plenty of political internal factions and fights.
Police Chief was appointed by the board of supervisors, they were controlled by one faction, the JP (later District Justice) was elected, but was the head of the other faction. Fortunately they kept their "war" on the south side of US 1 so we on the north side didn't have the "pleasure".
The officers took to wearing black gloves, this was the 70's, before people were worried about AIDS, drugs, etc. Cops didn't normally wear black gloves. This group also added the dark aviator glasses during the day. It was for the purpose of intimidation during traffic stops. Particularly when they stopped friends and family of the JP. Who retaliated in kind by making them show up in her "court" and unlike most JPs, she threw out the tickets. Moral of the story, if fatigues had been available, they would have worn them, with their gloves and sunglasses.