Phentermine

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Wow great on the initial loss - does health insurance typically pay for that RX?

Congrats! I was on it back in 2009, lost 60 pounds in 6 months. Then, I got pregnant, haha. So, I gained back 50 pounds. I just started back on it this week.

mmesser0

C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS!
ok I think it's fixed now

Yep, went and read the article. Thanks! I knew of all the side effects. I, however, do not have any of those, thankfully. The FDA now requires that people only use it in 3 month intervals. Then, your doctor will assess your situation as to whether or not you can go back on it. I think the main thing people need to do is make sure to eat. You definitely don't feel hungry, but you still have to make sure you're eating. And then of course, watch what you eat.

lovinmaryland

I was on it for about a month and did lose some weight but the side effects were to much for me to deal with so I stopped taking it.

No insurance doesnt cover it and it runs about $40 per month prescription.

lovinmaryland

Some insurances cover all or part, others don't cover at all and others require a prior authorization.

I have Medco and checked just as a FWIW:

Medco By Mail 90 days: $8.00 Plan pays:$85.37 Your annual cost: $32.00
Retail Pharmacy 30 days: $4.81 Plan pays:$27.27 Your annual cost: $57.72

Your plan provides coverage for this medication in certain situations. To determine if coverage is available, your doctor may request a coverage review by calling the toll-free number, 1-800-626-6270.

Well your wife told me no insurances would cover it :drama:

:lol:

mmesser0

C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS!
Some insurances cover all or part, others don't cover at all and others require a prior authorization.

I have Medco and checked just as a FWIW:

Medco By Mail 90 days: $8.00 Plan pays:$85.37 Your annual cost: $32.00
Retail Pharmacy 30 days: $4.81 Plan pays:$27.27 Your annual cost: $57.72

Your plan provides coverage for this medication in certain situations. To determine if coverage is available, your doctor may request a coverage review by calling the toll-free number, 1-800-626-6270.

I have Medco too, but was told they wouldn't cover it. Guess I'll have to double check now. Thanks.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
The two of you are correct and I am wrong.

Insurance won't cover cover it, (some) prescription plans will. Well mine says a prior auth is needed so they may not cover it at all. I was already on the Medco site so figured I'd price check it while I was there.

We were kicking around the idea of providing some prescriptions right in the office. No narcotics, more antibiotics, flu/cold type things and so on. From a customer service stand point it would save an extra trip to the pharmacy but we can't buy it for the $4 that Target sells it for so not looking very good. It's not a money thing but losing money on some thing we have to spend money to store, inventory, etc doesn't make much sense either. Seems there is a reason most providers don't do this already.

I LOVED this when I went to my college doc..she could hand me what I needed and I didn't have to go anywhere... and I paid out of pocket rather than go through my insurance...I would have rather paid the 15 bucks or so for the antibiotic..than have to drive somewhere sick, wait and pick it up to save the extra 10 bucks. They had a very limited selection..but if you had a uti or a sinus infection..it was super convenient.

lovinmaryland

The two of you are correct and I am wrong.

Insurance won't cover cover it, (some) prescription plans will. Well mine says a prior auth is needed so they may not cover it at all. I was already on the Medco site so figured I'd price check it while I was there.

We were kicking around the idea of providing some prescriptions right in the office. No narcotics, more antibiotics, flu/cold type things and so on. From a customer service stand point it would save an extra trip to the pharmacy but we can't buy it for the $4 that Target sells it for so not looking very good. It's not a money thing but losing money on some thing we have to spend money to store, inventory, etc doesn't make much sense either. Seems there is a reason most providers don't do this already.
I think you should go for it for basics like amoxicilin and stuff. You gotta think most parents dont want to sit and wait for prescription to be filled w/ a sick lil :baby:
I LOVED this when I went to my college doc..she could hand me what I needed and I didn't have to go anywhere... and I paid out of pocket rather than go through my insurance...I would have rather paid the 15 bucks or so for the antibiotic..than have to drive somewhere sick, wait and pick it up to save the extra 10 bucks. They had a very limited selection..but if you had a uti or a sinus infection..it was super convenient.
I would too! When I was pregnant w/ Mackenzie I got poison ivy REALLY REALLY bad, my face swolled up like the dude from Mask w/ Cher. I had to sit and wait for 30 minutes for them to fill my prescriptions OMG it was so freakin embarrassing. I would have paid anything to not have gone through that :lol:
Meth and crack are probably cheaper and safer.

No kidding :killingme

One of the side effects is anger/rage (also called Phenrage) One day out of no where I just went off for no reason :cussing: :burning: At that point I knew I would rather be a fatty than a crazy pysco ##### :lol: