Phentermine

pelers

Has anyone been on this before? The post-baby weight has just been sticking, no matter what I do. I've been exercising and eating healthy (low carb) and I've managed to drop a whopping 3lbs in 3.5months.

:tantrum

Went in to see doctor yesterday to see what his suggestions were and he prescribed me Phentermine. Just wondering what sort of results others have had with it and what sort (and how much) exercising they were doing in addition to it.

lovinmaryland

I was on it for 1 month but did not lose even 1 lb. very frustrating. It did help curb my appetite but there are a lot of side effects. I decided to stop taking it since it really didnt seem to work, at least for me.

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
I took it 2 years ago and lost 50 lbs in a few months. I just did my normal routine with cleaning the house and cleaning up the yard in the summertime. It made me feel full so I didnt eat as much.

The only side effects I had were an extremely dry mouth and sometimes I was unable to sleep at night cause I was so wired up.

pelers

The only side effects I had were an extremely dry mouth and sometimes I was unable to sleep at night cause I was so wired up.

Yeah, I'm chugging through water now. I noticed on the paperwork it said to take 10-14 hours before sleeping! Bouncing off the walls a wee bit right now. Sometimes having a desk job sucks. At least I have stairs I can go bouncing up and down at work!

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
Yeah, I'm chugging through water now. I noticed on the paperwork it said to take 10-14 hours before sleeping! Bouncing off the walls a wee bit right now. Sometimes having a desk job sucks. At least I have stairs I can go bouncing up and down at work!

I wouldnt take it later then 8am or I would regret it at bedtime. The good thing is that I always had energy to work all day and come home and clean the house.

Elmo

I started taking this medicine this morning. Although I don't feel like I have any extra energy, but I guess I have to take it a few days to start seeing a difference.

pelers

I started taking this medicine this morning. Although I don't feel like I have any extra energy, but I guess I have to take it a few days to start seeing a difference.

I took mine about 8:30am this morning. I didn't start bouncing until almost 11am. Mine are 30mg pills.

Serenity40

I tried it a couple of summers ago but it gave me TMJ. I couldn't relax at bedtime. I was so wired that my jaw was clinched too tight causing jaw pain. It was a direct result of the phentermine. It does give you a lot of energy though I was going on bike rides after work and jogging. I wish I could still take it I felt like I could run a marathon.

Roman

I took mine about 8:30am this morning. I didn't start bouncing until almost 11am. Mine are 30mg pills.

Its a type of speed, and it can be addicting. In some cases, it can cause Blood Pressure problems. 30 Miligrams is a high dose to be starting off with too so watch the coffee & tea intake. No breast feeding either, as I am sure that the Doctor already told you that. Good luck Ladies!!

Roman

Doctor did not mention it was addictive, thank you!

I said that it "Could be addicting". But I'm sure that you are taking it per your own Doctor's orders. As with any amphetamine, there's always a possible concern for addiction. My Doc started me out on 15 miligrams, and I was pinging off the walls with that dose, and found it hard to sleep even if I took it 16 hours before bed. So I stopped taking it.

Elmo

My doc started me off with the 30mg tabs. I took mine this morning around 6am. Still no energy and will probably go home and take a nap.

DeeCee

A horse of course!
Amphetamines bringing a person down can actually be a sign of ADD or ADHD, like when you give kids with ADHD mountain dew and they settle down instead of pinging off the walls, like most kids do on the Dew.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Has anyone been on this before? The post-baby weight has just been sticking, no matter what I do. I've been exercising and eating healthy (low carb) and I've managed to drop a whopping 3lbs in 3.5months.

Went in to see doctor yesterday to see what his suggestions were and he prescribed me Phentermine. Just wondering what sort of results others have had with it and what sort (and how much) exercising they were doing in addition to it.

What kind of exercising are you doing and how long and how frequent?

pelers

What kind of exercising are you doing and how long and how frequent?

I was doing an hour Zumba class twice a week at the minimum. Other than that the usual yard work, house work, periodically walking (about a mile, mile and a half).

Right now I'm signed up for Zumba again (twice a week, hour each) and Pilates (also twice a week, hour each)

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life

You have to find the right diet plan that works for you, whether it be low carb, low calories, Atkins, etc. Weight Watchers is an awesome program that WORKS! It takes some getting used to, but it's a great program.

I'd switch from the low carb thing you've been doing... it's not for you. Good luck!

pelers

You have to find the right diet plan that works for you, whether it be low carb, low calories, Atkins, etc. Weight Watchers is an awesome program that WORKS! It takes some getting used to, but it's a great program.

I'd switch from the low carb thing you've been doing... it's not for you. Good luck!

The low carb thing was nutritionist mandated from when I was pregnant. It's not NO carb, it just limits the amount of carbs I can eat per meal. Like for breakfast it is 30g, lunch and dinner are 50g. Snacks are 15g.

I'll check out WW, though. I remember the cost of joining the actual program being a bit of a turn off, though!

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
The low carb thing was nutritionist mandated from when I was pregnant. It's not NO carb, it just limits the amount of carbs I can eat per meal. Like for breakfast it is 30g, lunch and dinner are 50g. Snacks are 15g.

I'll check out WW, though. I remember the cost of joining the actual program being a bit of a turn off, though!

WW runs about $18 per month online, and about double to attend the meetings.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer

so for three meals and two snacks you are looking at like 160 or more carbs..thats not very "low" I can lose weight with about 50 a day..and maintain with say 70 to 80...so 160..I can't see that being beneficial for weight loss. And higher carbs should be consumed in the mornings or before workouts..sounds backasswards.

do update on the phentermine though..I have known a few people who have had success with it. I am having a terrible time myself getting rid of weight..I am nursing which helped me initially lose a lot..but now the scale is stuck..if after I wean it doesn't disapear..Im gonna be looking for some help..lol

edit: as for WW..you dont even really need to join..the new points plus program has this electronic points counter..that also calculates how many points you get for you..you can order them on ebay for pretty cheap..between that and info online..I don't see a reason to pay :shrug:

Last edited:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
do update on the phentermine though..I have known a few people who have had success with it. I am having a terrible time myself getting rid of weight..I am nursing which helped me initially lose a lot..but now the scale is stuck..if after I wean it doesn't disapear..Im gonna be looking for some help..lol

What do you eat and drink during the day?

I have a cruise in 2 months, so for the last 3 months I've been stepping it up at the gym and I've been doing WW. I've lost 13 lbs and several inches everywhere. I was surprised how fast the weight came off with WW. I would have lost a lot more, but I enjoy my Yuenglings on the weekends too much. :biggrin: