Photos of what concept 2005 Camaro could look like.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
willie said:
I really wonder what these designers are thinking when they come up with some of these models. Where are you going to put the front plate? The solution that GM has for the 2005 C6 is to drill 3 holes above the grille opening and mount this wedge shaped bracket. Now you have this beautiful model sporting a huge pimple. A Viper has the same problem and both cars will run hot with anything in the opening. These prototypes look slick but what's the purpose?

Corvette owners don't put their front plate on anyway... :whistle:

Willie - whose vette?

willie

Oz said:
Corvette owners don't put their front plate on anyway... :whistle:
Less and less are taking the chance. In the last couple of years, Maryland has been cracking down on one taggers. IMO the front tag on pre 2005's isn't disasterous because it is designed to have a tag if one is required. Check out some of the Corvette forums and you'll see it is a big issue to guys in 2 tag states.
Willie - whose vette?
The pic is from a thread getting names to complain to GM and ask for a better solution.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
willie said:
Less and less are taking the chance. In the last couple of years, Maryland has been cracking down on one taggers. IMO the front tag on pre 2005's isn't disasterous because it is designed to have a tag if one is required. Check out some of the Corvette forums and you'll see it is a big issue to guys in 2 tag states.

So far so good, but no telling how long I will tempt fate with mine. Had a buddy get a ticket in La Plata after he left a Corvette Cruise-In this past summer. Personally, I don't think law enforcement would pull you over (in a Corvette) just for a front tag, unless you're screwing around. Ricers with younger drivers, on the other hand, have more to worry about.

That said, I'd probably bolt mine up for a road trip just to avoid the hassle... But locally, so far, so good!

joeyinlexpark

Back In Hometown NY
Oz said:
So far so good, but no telling how long I will tempt fate with mine. Had a buddy get a ticket in La Plata after he left a Corvette Cruise-In this past summer. Personally, I don't think law enforcement would pull you over (in a Corvette) just for a front tag, unless you're screwing around. Ricers with younger drivers, on the other hand, have more to worry about.

That said, I'd probably bolt mine up for a road trip just to avoid the hassle... But locally, so far, so good!

When I first got my Camaro I didnt put the front tag on, just stuck it in the front windshield if I saw a cop. Needless to say I got pulled over for something stupid and he wrote me a warning about the tag. I broke down and put it on, doesnt look that bad I guess.

Attachments

• frontend.JPG
    frontend.JPG
    11 KB · Views: 99

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
joeyinlexpark said:
When I first got my Camaro I didnt put the front tag on, just stuck it in the front windshield if I saw a cop. Needless to say I got pulled over for something stupid and he wrote me a warning about the tag. I broke down and put it on, doesnt look that bad I guess.

Nope - it doesn't look bad.

I thought about it again this week. Also saw a "mod" where you buy a clear cover that form fits the tag area like the original cover does, and then you just paint the inside of it to match your car color, and leave the number area clear. Thus, the tag is present and displayed, but the front bumper retains as close to the original look as possible. I should just put the damned tag on and not worry about it. I surely don't want to donate $50 to the Governor.

joeyinlexpark

Back In Hometown NY
Oz said:
Nope - it doesn't look bad.

I thought about it again this week. Also saw a "mod" where you buy a clear cover that form fits the tag area like the original cover does, and then you just paint the inside of it to match your car color, and leave the number area clear. Thus, the tag is present and displayed, but the front bumper retains as close to the original look as possible. I should just put the damned tag on and not worry about it. I surely don't want to donate $50 to the Governor.

I dont know about the vette, not really a place to stick the tag, If I wanted to be a smart azz I could mount my tag under the front end on the air dam, you cant see it up close but if a cop was driving by in the opposite direction they would see, a lot of guys in my car club do that and have gotten away with it.

willie

joeyinlexpark said:
Umm Ok, i thought we were talking about the F-body concept car and not a vette. :confused: :confused:
:peace: Not meaning to hijack. My comment was directed at designers not being at all practical. Not being practical is probably OK as long as it doesn't go into production but in the case of the C6 it did.

MerF

You smell funny
So who believes that the 5th gen will look like the concept? Moreso, who thinks it will sport a decent powertrain vice the V6 FWD we are all afraid they will offer? EX: Impala, Malibu, Monte Carlo...etc)