Physicians

watercolor

yeah yeah
Originally posted by Beener
You just don't get it, do you? If Dr. Jude does not work at Dr. Bowen's office anymore, then he QUIT working with Dr. Bowen. If you leave your job to get a new one - you quit the old one (unless you're fired, but we're not talking about that).

He QUIT Dr. Bowen's office to open his own practice. Do you not understand the definition of QUIT? :confused:

No one said he quit practicing medicine, but he indeed quit working for Dr. Bowen.

Dr. Bowen? Who the hell is Dr Bowen:confused:

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by mollee
well, my second choice is Dr. Boyd. I drove by his office, it's a house next to a gas station. Does anyone go to Dr. Boyd -- I think he's an internist...

I've never been to him for medical problems but do know him and he seems to be a great guy so I'm sure he's a good doctor.

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by Beener
No one said he quit practicing medicine, but he indeed quit working for Dr. Bowen.

But isn't dr. Brown part of the shah group now, if so she just changed offices and didn't quit.

speediebean

Dr. Jude moved into the Phillip J. Bean building some time ago, working in the 'Urgent Care' department on the first floor, but has just recently left the Shah group permanently. There is currently only one PA in the Urgent Care area of the PJB building, but they're working on getting that fixed.

Meanwhile, there is an excellent Family Practice doctor in that same building, on the second floor, whose name is Dr. Gupta. She is taking new patients and there is almost never ever a problem getting in to see her, even at drop-of-a-hat notice. I highly recommend her. She is warm, compassionate, caring and really knows her stuff! For anyone who is looking for a new doctor, that number is 301-373-7600 or 301-373-7603.

I wish everyone good luck in their doctor search!! :cheesy:

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by speediebean
Meanwhile, there is an excellent Family Practice doctor in that same building, on the second floor, whose name is Dr. Gupta. She is taking new patients and there is almost never ever a problem getting in to see her, even at drop-of-a-hat notice. I highly recommend her. She is warm, compassionate, caring and really knows her stuff! For anyone who is looking for a new doctor, that number is 301-373-7600 or 301-373-7603.

She is a good doctor, although I've only seen her 3 times since I only go when I'm sick, I did like her very much. However the last time I was sick (when everyone and their mother was as well), the earliest they could get me in to see her or anyone else there was over a week later.:frown:

ceo_pte

My wife went today to the Womens Pavilion on Old Washington Road, in Waldorf. It's a lady and my wife says that she can use this lady as her general doctor and for all the girl stuff. It sounded pretty good, her appointment was at 12:30 and she was out by like 1:20. It has always taken me longer than that in a doctor's office. Her name is Angela Marshall, I think. They are associated with Civista Hospital.

grandpa

I have DR Jani at Calvert hospital, She has no trace of accent and really is a sharp MD. Has 18 years under her belt since Med school.

carolinagirl

What's it 2 U
Originally posted by ceo_pte
My wife went today to the Womens Pavilion on Old Washington Road, in Waldorf. It's a lady and my wife says that she can use this lady as her general doctor and for all the girl stuff. It sounded pretty good, her appointment was at 12:30 and she was out by like 1:20. It has always taken me longer than that in a doctor's office. Her name is Angela Marshall, I think. They are associated with Civista Hospital.

:yay: Dr. Marshall is my PCP. She is excellent.

mzimmpa

We are also new to the area and found a WONDERFUL doctor in LaPlata- he started a new practice.

Dr. Harring - Potomac .... Associates on Enterprise Rd.

Unfortunately for you he is male, but recommend highly!

Good luck.

mzimmpa

speediebean

Geeee thanks itsbob, that's ever so helpful!! I'll keep it in mind!! LOL

Tys_Mommy, I am sorry to hear that you had a difficult time getting in to see Dr. Gupta that one time, but I can assure you (as her nurse) that it's not normally the way it is with her. (yeah, I sure don't have any biased opinion, nosirree, not me!!) I do hope you're feeling better!! Next time you call in to be seen, just ask for me, and say that it's "Ty's Mommy" and I will know to tell the ladies who do the scheduling to be sure to get you in that day!! :high5: