Phyxius -- are you coming to any AMIT shows??

Duckz

Ummm, this thread is now totally off topic...so to get back on topic...Phyxius, wanna come to Rosaryville this Saturday for the Jumper Derby??? :starcat: I'm sure devine wants pictures of her pony leaping down the drop :lmao:

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Ummm, this thread is now totally off topic...so to get back on topic...Phyxius, wanna come to Rosaryville this Saturday for the Jumper Derby??? :starcat: I'm sure devine wants pictures of her pony leaping down the drop :lmao:

The bank at Rosaryville isn't huge, it's the one I actually learned banks on. I much prefer to go down then up.

Here's the bank-
http://phyxius.smugmug.com/photos/138374395_5AVje-M-1.jpg

The jump I didn't like...
138403184_GDFM3-M-1.jpg

I have to work until noon on Saturday, in Bowie...but Devine if you're doing the 3' that might be okay. I have to get hay too. Do you know approx. when you'll be riding?

Jumper Derby

There's last year's jumper derby, hopefully the sun will be a tad bit more cooperative this year!!

Duckz

Do you need to have a Vest to do the derby?

From last year's pictures, it looks like you don't need one. Contact info for the derby: Janice Binkley-Cole 443-336-7662. Might want to call to be safe. Are you going to bring the bay from the show last weekend?

Phyxius, 1:00 is the 2'3 - 2'7 division, 3:00 is the 2'9 - 3'0 division. Devine said she would do both, if I'm feeling REALLY brave I'll try it too.

Sparks

From last year's pictures, it looks like you don't need one. Contact info for the derby: Janice Binkley-Cole 443-336-7662. Might want to call to be safe. Are you going to bring the bay from the show last weekend?

No, the baby can stay home. If I go, I'd bring a big fat chestnut and likely do the lowest height. (He's about the size of your new one!)

devinej

yay!! I can't wait!! i worked sparkles several times since i got back from utah and she's going better and better.

that drop is puny. YAY!! (its not really puny, but i'm just going to say it is to make us feel better). Its been my experience in a previous jumper derby that they let you choose if you went up or down the bank...wonder if that will be the case here. hey the first round is a practice anyway...

lovely pics as always phyx!

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
aww man i thought they were going to be cross country type jumps... booo

Jumper derby is combination of cross country and jumper/hunter jumps. Like coops, banks, palisades, oxers, verticles, other natural jumps like gates and straw bales, etc.