Pilonidal cyst?

citysherry

I Need a Beer
Cowgirl said:
I know...I googled them yesterday. My um, tailbone area, looks just swollen. No gross abcesses.

OMFG I just sat down wrong, not paying attention. I sat in the chair and the pad moved and the wooden back of the chair (where it meets the seat) hit me right in the tailbone. I think I actually saw stars. I yelled so loudly, and about ran to my room and burst into tears. :bawl: Can the doctors just remove my whole lower half?

I had one about 10 years ago. The antibiotics coupled with a heating pad and nice warm/hot baths (as hot as you can stand it) does work. After about 3 days on the antibiotics it began draining :barf: and went away and has never come back - it was the most painful thing I'ver ever endured!! I feel for you. An attorney I work with also has one and he had it surgically removed when it came back a second time...he told me after the surgery that it changed the contour of his azz but it was worth it not to ever feel that pain again.

Cowgirl

citysherry said:
I had one about 10 years ago. The antibiotics coupled with a heating pad and nice warm/hot baths (as hot as you can stand it) does work. After about 3 days on the antibiotics it began draining :barf: and went away and has never come back - it was the most painful thing I'ver ever endured!! I feel for you. An attorney I work with also has one and he had it surgically removed when it came back a second time...he told me after the surgery that it changed the contour of his azz but it was worth it not to ever feel that pain again.

I started the antibiotics on Saturday afternoon. I can't really tell if it's going away yet. I am taking hot baths, and today I put some epsom salts in there.

Thanks, all, for the advice. :flowers:

citysherry

I Need a Beer
Cowgirl said:
I started the antibiotics on Saturday afternoon. I can't really tell if it's going away yet. I am taking hot baths, and today I put some epsom salts in there.

Thanks, all, for the advice. :flowers:

If you have a heating pad, use it! My sister also had one and the doctor actually lanced it (because it hadn't come to a head) to facilitate the draining.

Cowgirl

citysherry said:
If you have a heating pad, use it! My sister also had one and the doctor actually lanced it (because it hadn't come to a head) to facilitate the draining.

:yikes: Probably would feel better though...at this point.

Cowgirl

bobbyb said:
How are you doing?

bob

Ugh....still hurting. I went to the doc yesterday and lanced it. :yikes: OUCH!!! He gave me a local, but I had to drive myself home, and it was anything but comfortable. I should've gotten someone to drive me. As gross as this sounds, he wasn't able to drain it much....but today I took a hot bath and hit the jackpot. :barf:

I am going to take another bath tonight. I just want it to heal. I feel so badly for anyone else thats ever had to go through this. It is truly painful.

bobbyb

I feel your pain. I had mine lanced twice. Once when I was stationed in Minnesota and the second time at the Coast Guard Academy both times were gross. I had it removed a year later and haven’t had a problem with it since, that was over 40 years ago.

bob