Pineapples for Love!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
:lol:

A Spanish craze encouraging single people to seek partners in supermarkets by using a fruit-based code has caused some chaotic scenes and even led to the police being called to restore order.

In recent days, many single Spaniards have been drawn to branches of supermarket chain Mercadona between 7pm-8pm by claims they can find romance at that time, particularly if they put a pineapple upside down in their shopping trolley.

• Haha
Reactions: rio

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I thought the upside down pineapple meant something else for the NON-single folk :coffee:
Evidently, it does...

It is not the first time an upside-down pineapple has been used as a code. More traditionally, it has been used to allow people interested in swapping sexual partners, known as swinging, to find each other.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Evidently, it does...

It is not the first time an upside-down pineapple has been used as a code. More traditionally, it has been used to allow people interested in swapping sexual partners, known as swinging, to find each other.
yes, that's what I've always heard it was for! Supposedly, especially in the cruise and RV park community! People are so strange...
I wonder what a cumquat gets you?
probably some ripe honeydews.