Pit on 295

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
There was a young brindle pit laying in the fastlane shoulder of 295NB at Suitland Pkwy. He was deceased with no obvious injuries and no collar. Of course I get stuck traffic right next to him and start to well up thinking how did he even get this far on the highway with jersey barriers on both sides and no one stopped when they hit him. I'm sure he's in better place than where ever he came from...RIP.

warneckutz

There was a young brindle pit laying in the fastlane shoulder of 295NB at Suitland Pkwy. He was deceased with no obvious injuries and no collar. Of course I get stuck traffic right next to him and start to well up thinking how did he even get this far on the highway with jersey barriers on both sides and no one stopped when they hit him. I'm sure he's in better place than where ever he came from...RIP.

That's sad. :frown: No matter what the breed that sucks.

nobody really

I need a nap
that's what i don't get, when i see these poor dogs on the road, a friggin interestate, how the eff did they get there? I almost got my self killed trying to get a dog in my car once, stopped traffic. poor fellow was terrified, tail btw legs, just totally scared. Never came to me, was heading back from jax, so i don't know whatever became of him. obviously he didn't pick the middle of 301 to get lost. i had the feeling he must've just been dropped off by some turd.

acommondisaster

Years ago, we had a yorkie we rescued. He had all sorts of problems - separation issues, he was scared of his own shadow, but we loved him dearly. During a t-storm he dashed out the sliding glass door as the trash was being taken out - no worries - we had a fence. But in his terror, he climbed the fence (he'd never done that before) and was gone before the sliding glass door was closed and chase to catch him began. It was that fast. We searched for hours in the dark and rain and couldn't find Buddy. We hung signs, we checked the HS daily - no sign of Buddy. The next week at our son's little league game, the coach's wife was talking about a yorkie they found dead in the gutter in front of their home. It was our Buddy - not 3 blocks away. They'd buried him in their backyard. Thankfully Buddy was cared for in the end. But, dogs do get out, get away and get killed even when they have the lovingest of homes. Buddy had never been loose before. If it'd been 3 blocks in the other direction, he'd have been on 301. Dogs get loose and go wherever they go.

Last edited:

Chris0nllyn

Years ago, we had a yorkie we rescued. He had all sorts of problems - separation issues, he was scared of his own shadow, but we loved him dearly. During a t-storm he dashed out the sliding glass door as the trash was being taken out - no worries - we had a fence. But in his terror, he climbed the fence (he'd never done that before) and was gone before the sliding glass door was closed and chase to catch him began. It was that fast. We searched for hours in the dark and rain and couldn't find Buddy. We hung signs, we checked the HS daily - no sign of Buddy. The next week at our son's little league game, the coach's wife was talking about a yorkie they found dead in the gutter in front of their home. It was our Buddy - not 3 blocks away. They'd buried him in their backyard. Thankfully Buddy was cared for in the end. But, dogs do get out, get away and get killed even when they have the lovingest of homes. Buddy had never been loose before. If it'd been 3 blocks in the other direction, he'd have been on 301. Dogs get loose and go wherever they go.

Years ago, my 2 dogs got out in Prince Frederick.

We searched high and low for a week, then 2...finally, we accepted the fact that we'd probably never see them again.

Until we got a phone call. Someone found one of our dogs in Huntingtown....

A few days later, the pund called, and said our dog showed up there.

It was a happy ending afterall, but those 2 weeks + sucked.