place to be married

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: hey Dems

Originally posted by dems4me
:roflmao:

BTW, you were the one that worked for the dentist office sometime ago... correct?
If so, should I still have swelling on one of the extracted spots and my tongue has been numb on one side for several days now... is this normal? I feel fine otherwise, no pain, etc... :shrug:
Yes, that was me, no you should not be swelling, and your tongue should never be numb unless you've been injected with lidocaine or some other painkiller recently.

D

dems4me

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: hey Dems

Originally posted by Nickel
Yes, that was me, no you should not be swelling, and your tongue should never be numb unless you've been injected with lidocaine or some other painkiller recently.

nope -- it feels like it was injected though and its at that stage right before you have feeling again. It's not like another body part where I wake up and figured I slept on it wrong... I don't sleep on my tongue or anything :frown: :shrug:
Where the swelling is - it used to be alot more its just very, very, very slowly getting smaller -- the knot is about the size of a penny - nothing noticable... I just feel it on my jaw :shrug:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: hey Dems

nope -- it feels like it was injected though and its at that stage right before you have feeling again. It's not like another body part where I wake up and figured I slept on it wrong... I don't sleep on my tongue or anything :frown: :shrug:
Where the swelling is - it used to be alot more its just very, very, very slowly getting smaller -- the knot is about the size of a penny - nothing noticable... I just feel it on my jaw :shrug:
Does it hurt when you push on it? Do you floss under that area? Sometimes something can get stuck up under the gum and make it feel swollen.

D

dems4me

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: hey Dems

Does it hurt when you push on it? Do you floss under that area? Sometimes something can get stuck up under the gum and make it feel swollen.

nope -- no pain or real tenderness - floss yes but what is up with the tongue thing?? :shrug: it's really weird. Surgeon said that in rare cases people's jaws or other parts of the mouth or lips can get paralyzed and said that its very, very rare though so I signed a waiver consenting my acknowledgement for it. But why would it just start now?:confused:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: hey Dems

nope -- no pain or real tenderness - floss yes but what is up with the tongue thing?? :shrug: it's really weird. Surgeon said that in rare cases people's jaws or other parts of the mouth or lips can get paralyzed and said that its very, very rare though so I signed a waiver consenting my acknowledgement for it. But why would it just start now?:confused:
Don't know, I didn't work for an oral surgeon...I just know the general stuff for normal extractions. Call him, he'll take a look for you.

D

dems4me

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: hey Dems

Don't know, I didn't work for an oral surgeon...I just know the general stuff for normal extractions. Call him, he'll take a look for you.

thanks neither bother me and I don't want to take time off for him to look at it... if it bothers me or doesn't go away I'll call and mention it in a few week.:smile:

Thanks!!! :huggy:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: hey Dems

thanks neither bother me and I don't want to take time off for him to look at it... if it bothers me or doesn't go away I'll call and mention it in a few week.:smile:

Thanks!!! :huggy:
I wouldn't be worried about it either, if it doesn't hurt, it's probably nothing...the tongue thing could even be just biting it without realizing it or burning it on something. I burn my tongue to the point that it's numb at least once a week. :ohwell:

D

dems4me

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: hey Dems

I wouldn't be worried about it either, if it doesn't hurt, it's probably nothing...the tongue thing could even be just biting it without realizing it or burning it on something. I burn my tongue to the point that it's numb at least once a week. :ohwell:

thanks maybe that was it -- I don't drink coffee but had crabs with lots of spice on it on Sunday :yum:

nomoney

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: hey Dems

thanks maybe that was it -- I don't drink coffee but had crabs with lots of spice on it on Sunday :yum:

are you sure you didn't get it while fishing on your mans boat? cause we haven't heard about that in a while either :shrug:

D

dems4me

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: hey Dems

Originally posted by nomoney
are you sure you didn't get it while fishing on your mans boat? cause we haven't heard about that in a while either :shrug:

Its my boat and its been too hot outside to take it out -- it's not worth struggling in the heat, trailoring it, driving and then putting it in if its going to be hot and humid

:shrug: