Places to get a haircut

Tig08

Is there any place in the area that dosn't charge $35 dollars for a simple hair cut? I generally go to Hair Cuttery, but I was hoping there was some place a little less expensive. I know for most people $35 isn't that expensive, but the only thing I EVER get done is .5-1 inch trim. Nothing fancy.. no layers..nothing. And on top of that they add an extra $10 dollars because my hair is a little past my shoulders.

Any suggestions?

Haircuts Inc. Kmart shopping Center

sockgirl77

They jacked up my hair bigtime about 3 years ago. I looked like some sort of cracked-out Metal Hair Band singer from the 1990's :cds:

I went in to get the 90210 Kelly haircut years ago and ended up with hair to my ####ing ears. The chick took the first cut to my ears. I saw the hair drop to the floor and I stopped her. It was a huge chunk and there wasn't any going back. I was furious.

sammylover

Try Cedar Point Hair Salon in Lexington Park. Sheryl does my hair and I get color/cut/blow dry/style and a brow wax for $55. There are also 2 others that work in there but I'm not sure how their prices are.

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie

That's where I go too. Scapled is absolutely great but if the OP is looking to pay less, that's probably not where to send her. Now if only I can talk my stylist into working Thursday evenings so I can enjoy the happy hour there while I get beautified! :buddies:

To the OP.....maybe try Sports Clips? They seem to cut mostly boys and men but if you're only getting a simple trim, I'd think they'd be able to handle it. It's an all female staff. There's one in PF and one in LP.

sockgirl77

That's where I go too. Scapled is absolutely great but if the OP is looking to pay less, that's probably not where to send her. Now if only I can talk my stylist into working Thursday evenings so I can enjoy the happy hour there while I get beautified! :buddies:

To the OP.....maybe try Sports Clips? They seem to cut mostly boys and men but if you're only getting a simple trim, I'd think they'd be able to handle it. It's an all female staff. There's one in PF and one in LP.

I take my son there. I've never seen any female get their hair cut there. There price chart looks like it's only for men too. :lol:

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
I take my son there. I've never seen any female get their hair cut there. There price chart looks like it's only for men too. :lol:

Oh really? :lol: I didn't look them up online. I just keep seeing their coupons advertising how cheap they are. I did take my son there once when they first opened and they did a good job. I figured if she was just wanting a simple trim, maybe they'd do it. Who knows? :killingme

cricketmd

Is there any place in the area that dosn't charge $35 dollars for a simple hair cut? I generally go to Hair Cuttery, but I was hoping there was some place a little less expensive. I know for most people $35 isn't that expensive, but the only thing I EVER get done is .5-1 inch trim. Nothing fancy.. no layers..nothing. And on top of that they add an extra $10 dollars because my hair is a little past my shoulders.

Any suggestions?

Hairtasia in Charolette Hall. :smile:

Chris0nllyn

Yea, definately not a place to go if you want a cheap cut, but it's worth it, IMO.

Happy Hour food from Sal at Fiesta rocks!

Who's your stylist, if you don't mind me asking?

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
Yea, definately not a place to go if you want a cheap cut, but it's worth it, IMO.

Happy Hour food from Sal at Fiesta rocks!

Who's your stylist, if you don't mind me asking?

Ami.....love her!

I'm originally from Long Island, then lived in DC for 2 years. Talk about high haircut prices! :yikes:

KDENISE977

I used to go to Scalped too !! However, I've since gone to The Hair Company in Charlotte Hall and am in love with my new stylist. But, they also, aren't cheap... I've been there twice in the past month (one for color, one for cut and relax) and both times was $130.00. But, it was worth it in my opinion.