Places to Park...

JabbaJawz

Be about it
...a car that's for sale??? Any recommendations? Somewhere that I can feel comfortable leaving the car overnight, etc...

I put an ad on Autotrader, but no bites yet - I'm sure the holidays aren't helping. Anyway, I'd also like to park it somewhere, just now sure where there's a high-visibility area that's decent.

K

Kizzy

You need to find a friend with a piece of property that is close to the road. If you have no luck, call me and I'll give you a place. The only bad thing is it is down here, 45 minutes away from you. :frown:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Used to be alot of cars for sale parked in the Safeway lot before the remodel. We sold a car by sticking it up there. With the remodel of Safeway, not sure if they will let ya do it anymore,tho.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by IM4Change
You need to find a friend with a piece of property that is close to the road.

My parents are right on the corner of a road that's off of Mervell Dean Road in Hollywood. There is definitely exposure there, just not 'main road' exposure. Might try it there anyway!

somd1204

When I sold my car, I would leave it in the parking lot of different big offices for a whole day. I did this for about 2 weeks (different bldgs. each day), I then just parked it at my house and began getting calls. The buyer actually said he saw it in his office bldg parking lot, and decided to call after pay day. It worked out. Not sure how legal it is, but it worked for me. Good luck.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by Mountain MaMa
How about the park and sell place by the Tackle Box? Any one had any dealings with places like this?

That's right - I'd forgotten about them. I think I'll call and see how much per day.

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by Mountain MaMa
How about the park and sell place by the Tackle Box? Any one had any dealings with places like this?

Haven't paid attention to that place for a while but about a month ago there were only 3 cars and a boat out there. Maybe it was just a bad day:shrug:

dustin

UAIOE
I always see a car or two for sale parked at that Western Steer at 235 and 2/4.

Whoever owns that might let you park it there if you were really nice about it (by the looks of it probably a bank). Just an idea :shrug:

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by dustin

Whoever owns that might let you park it there if you were really nice about it (by the looks of it probably a bank). Just an idea :shrug:

It was just sold to WaWa, not sure on how they are about that type of stuff.

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Originally posted by tys_mommy
Wonderful, because we need another gas station RIGHT BESIDE THE BRAND NEW BJ'S GAS STATION. That's really aggrevating.

dustin

UAIOE
Originally posted by tys_mommy

Crap I hope they arent gonna put another friggin gas station on 235. They're so close together now as it is, if one blew up the others would go too.

PFgal, you could drive it around with a for sale sign on it too.

Or do like somd1204 said and keep moving it around in big parking lots (park it in the back of the lot)....3 days at the walmart...3 days at target...3 days at lowe's....

jeneisen

Indy Bound
You know trying Walmart isn't a bad idea. I know you and hubby commute so could you drive it to Walmart every morning park it all day with a sign and pick it up on your way home? Try this for a week. Walmart gets the most exposure and most likely you won't get cited b/c they won't know if you are shopping/working or what.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...

The (former?) owner would be Dan at Lenny's Restaurant. However, he did have that WaWa deal working, so they may finally own it.

Either way, I wouldn't park it on a vacant commercial property without permission from the owner. Although there's a little more grey area when you're talking about a shopping center parking lot. (After all, it's a parking lot!)

Don't leave it anywhere overnight. Went to breakfast one Sunday morning, and people park vehicles on a little asphalt ramp on 235 across from Clarke's Landing Road, and don't 'ya know those folks needed new glass before they could sell their vehicle. Duh!

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Oz
Don't leave it anywhere overnight. Went to breakfast one Sunday morning, and people park vehicles on a little asphalt ramp on 235 across from Clarke's Landing Road, and don't 'ya know those folks needed new glass before they could sell their vehicle. Duh!
I have seen the same for those that leave them overnight on the grass lot at the fairgrounds.

B

baswm

North bound on route 4 after broomes Island rd. there is a place on the right hand side that usually has lots of boats / cars that people sell. From what I hear, you just offer the home owner something and he will let you sell your car. An old neighbor before he moved sold a car there. He gave the owner 40 bucks to park his car near the road. It is a good location to get seen.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by Ehesef
Wonderful, because we need another gas station RIGHT BESIDE THE BRAND NEW BJ'S GAS STATION. That's really aggrevating.

:shrug: Not everyone chooses to be a member of BJs.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
PFgal, you could drive it around with a for sale sign on it too.

That defeats the purpose of keeping the mileage low, though, since I live more than a few minutes from work. We'll see!