Play-off Championship Round

Rael

Supper's Ready
Okay, time to game up for the championship round for the final four! You start at zero points against your opponent in this round (as well as the SB round if you survive…). This is the play-offs, after all…time to crank it up a notch. We’ll keep this format for the Super Bowl match picks as well.

You can post your picks or PM them to me, either way. I’ll post them on Saturday morning. You can change your picks until midnight Friday. If you do change picks, please PM me so I don’t miss it.

This format has more tiebreakers due to fewer competitors, so there should be a clear winner without having to resort to secondary tiebreakers. If there is a tie despite these added measures, we will go back to…first, your cumulative play-off score, then your week one score from the regular season. There will be a winner.

For each game, you will make eight separate picks due to the game-specific O/U numbers. Here are the categories and points for your picks:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Game One numbers:
Eagles -3.5 Cardinals…..Total Points 47.5
Eagles total yards………319.5
Cardinals total yards…..332.5

Your eight picks (points earned for correct pick are to the left):
(5) Winner (based upon the spread)
(4) Total Game Score 47.5 (O/U)
(2) Half-time total score 23.5 (O/U)
(2) Eagles total yards 319.5 (O/U)
(2) Cardinals total yards 332.5 (O/U)

Then rank these from 3 pts (high confidence) to 1 pt (low confidence), Use 3, 2, and 1.
(__) First to score
(__) First to turnover No turnovers = push.
(__) Team with most sacks
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Game Two numbers:
Steelers -6 Ravens…….Total Points 34.5
Steelers total yards…….329.5
Ravens total yards……...291.5

Your eight picks:
(5) Winner (based upon the spread)
(4) Total Game Score 34.5 (O/U)
(2) Half-time score 17.5 (O/U)
(2) Steelers total yards 329.5 (O/U)
(2) Ravens total yards 291.5 (O/U)

Then rank these from 3 pts (high confidence) to 1 pt (low confidence), Use 3, 2, and 1.
(__) First to score
(__) First team to turnover
(__) Team with most sacks

I'll post the results after each game. If I'm unclear on any of this to you, let me know. Good luck. :yay: 2008 Playoff brackets Championship round.jpg

Last edited:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Okay, at the risk of sounding like an idiot, I have a question. When you say "team with the most sacks," I am assuming you mean the teams that makes the most sacks as opposed to the team that gets sacked the most?

Rael

Supper's Ready
Okay, at the risk of sounding like an idiot, I have a question. When you say "team with the most sacks," I am assuming you mean the teams that makes the most sacks as opposed to the team that gets sacked the most?

Yes, the team that makes the most sacks. :yay:

Pete

Repete
My picks are in. I have decided to let Kom win though. I only made my picks to make him feel good that he beat me.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
dude, don't even start. I am compassionate. You have a new baby, I wax you in golf every time, I figured I should throw you a bone.

I'm playing at least once a week with Tiger and his coach so maybe I'll be handing you yours on a platter this season.

Pete

Repete
I'm playing at least once a week with Tiger and his coach so maybe I'll be handing you yours on a platter this season.

It doesn't matter. For 2 summers whenever we played you came out with your Greg Norman hat, polished clubs, and color coordinated silk shirts and I beat you wearing a Harley t-shirt and a ball cap and playing left handed. It is in the books.

So I felt it only right to let you win something.

OK I am cracking myself up.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
It doesn't matter. For 2 summers whenever we played you came out with your Greg Norman hat, polished clubs, and color coordinated silk shirts and I beat you wearing a Harley t-shirt and a ball cap and playing left handed. It is in the books.

So I felt it only right to let you win something.

OK I am cracking myself up.
Those were NOT silk shirts, but the rest is pretty spot on. But don't forget you were receiving sage advice from that rodent friend of yours.

Rael

Supper's Ready
This could be a close one. Good luck, all. I'll post the results after game one. :buddies:

Attachments

• 2008 C.R. Play off Picks.jpg
    2008 C.R. Play off Picks.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 43

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
This is gonna be real close, looking at the picks. Good luck, Clevally. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to tell who won or lost. :lol: