Play-offs Round One (Wildcard round)

Rael

Supper's Ready
OK so now next week do I start out with my 22 against Dowhat's 8 or do we go back to 0-0?

Yep, you get to keep your 22 against DoWhat's 8 through next week. Between you and DoWhat, whoever has the most cumulative points at the end of next week advances to the championship round.

It's the week after next that the match-ups will start at zero. I'll post more on that after next week (as far as other discriminators) to those who advance.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Technically the winners this week could win next week without much thought at all.

All they have to do is match the same picks as their match-up.:lol:

Not that I'd do it, just saying.:popcorn:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Early unofficial spreads for next week.

<TABLE cellSpacing=8 cols=4 cellPadding=2 width=560 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="26%">Date & Time</TD><TD width="28%">Favorite</TD><TD width="18%">Spread</TD><TD width="28%">Underdog</TD></TR><TR><TD>1/10 4:30 ET</TD><TD>At Tennessee</TD><TD>-3</TD><TD>Baltimore</TD></TR><TR><TD>1/10 8:15 ET</TD><TD>At Carolina</TD><TD>-9.5</TD><TD>Arizona</TD></TR><TR><TD>1/11 1:00 ET</TD><TD>At NY Giants</TD><TD>-4.5</TD><TD>Philadelphia</TD></TR><TR><TD>1/11 4:45 ET</TD><TD>At Pittsburgh</TD><TD>-6</TD><TD>San Diego</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

NFL point spreads: Weekly NFL point spread - Free Vegas NFL spreads. Pro football betting spreads.

Rael

Supper's Ready
Technically the winners this week could win next week without much thought at all.

All they have to do is match the same picks as their match-up.:lol:

Not that I'd do it, just saying.:popcorn:

BS Gal and Daddy O had the same picks and O/U for the Ravens/Dolphins game (even as direct contenders). If anyone wants to, they can pm me their picks. I'll just post them after Friday midnight. Should be okay.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
BS Gal and Daddy O had the same picks and O/U for the Ravens/Dolphins game (even as direct contenders). If anyone wants to, they can pm me their picks. I'll just post them after Friday midnight. Should be okay.

I didn't look at his and base mine on his. :shrug: When I got to the end of my picks, I just picked the numbers I had left. :lol: I'm pretty clueless. I was thinking I'd get kicked out with the Chargers pick and this week would be the last. :ohwell:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Cool.:yay:

Rael

Supper's Ready
I didn't look at his and base mine on his. :shrug: When I got to the end of my picks, I just picked the numbers I had left. :lol: I'm pretty clueless. I was thinking I'd get kicked out with the Chargers pick and this week would be the last. :ohwell:

No 'bout-a-doubt it. And he picked his own choices too, it just happens sometimes when there are fewer choices (players and games). That's why more discriminators are needed in the play-offs (like O/U's, etc.), to avoid the possibility of ties or same picks. All good.

BuddyLee

Football addict
No 'bout-a-doubt it. And he picked his own choices too, it just happens sometimes when there are fewer choices (players and games). That's why more discriminators are needed in the play-offs (like O/U's, etc.), to avoid the possibility of ties or same picks. All good.
This past week the spreads were close, which lead to a lot of the same picks.

This up and coming week will be much different I believe. Larger spreads will bring more of a variety of picks.

This past week the spreads were close, which lead to a lot of the same picks.

This up and coming week will be much different I believe. Larger spreads will bring more of a variety of picks.

I laughed like hell when I saw your picks, especially on the Sunday games. :lol:

Daddy_O

Big Wheelin'
I think BS Gal cheated off of me somehow...not sure but I do believe.....we should be tied at 0 for next week....yeah, thats it....

She kicked my arse fair and square, if I was skared of someone, or her in particular of matchin me, I would not of posted first.

Now I pray for her to lose next week, every choice.....:whistle:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
I think BS Gal cheated off of me somehow...not sure but I do believe.....we should be tied at 0 for next week....yeah, thats it....

She kicked my arse fair and square, if I was skared of someone, or her in particular of matchin me, I would not of posted first.

Now I pray for her to lose next week, every choice.....:whistle:

:howdy: It was the Chargers that got me where I am today. Oh, and the lucky shirt. :huggy:

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
This is all part of your generations "No losers" mantra. You get as many chances as you need to not lose. :drama: :loser:

I'm glad I didn't make into this mess. Whats the point of being matched up against anyone if they ain't getting eliminated?

Pete

Repete
I'm glad I didn't make into this mess. Whats the point of being matched up against anyone if they ain't getting eliminated?

I make no secret that I kind of suck at this. A win is a win, giving someone a second chance is like playing Russian roulette with 2 bullets.

BuddyLee

Football addict
I make no secret that I kind of suck at this. A win is a win, giving someone a second chance is like playing Russian roulette with 2 bullets.
I'll trade you spots.

You'd need an epic meltdown to lose to DoWhat now.