Plaza Tolteca

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
All these Mexican joints and I just want one place that serves a decent mole sauce. All the mole sauces around here are a bland canned flavor. Blech.

sockgirl77

All these Mexican joints and I just want one place that serves a decent mole sauce. All the mole sauces around here are a bland canned flavor. Blech.

I know that you're not talking about this kind of mole, but this is all I can think of...:lmao:

Attachments

• mole.jpg
    mole.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 51

tiltedangel

Do they have any american choices on their menu? I have been craving mexican food and the bf will not touch it.

you can always ask...my husband won't eat Mexican food either and they are more than happy to make him a steak and French fries at montereys, since they have steak dishes on the menu and French fries for the kids, they even fry up some onions for his steak if he wants :)

Tried it for a late lunch today. One cheese enchilada, one chile rellano and a taco. Came with refried beans and rice. Enchilada was ok, rellano was not so good and I'll eat the taco later. Refried beans and rice good. The street taco combo my son got looked good. He said the chorizo was way too salty though. I will try it once more for some meat stuff.

C

czygvtwkr

Do they have the white sauce with the chips that Monterey USE to have?

psc93

The only thing I don't like about this place so far is it's sometimes so noisy that you can't talk with your dinner companions. I went there for dinner last Tuesday and they had an honest to God mariachi band performing from table to table and they were so loud that I could not talk to the people I was eating with. The food is fantastic though and the service has improved quite a bit since they opened.