Please Recommend Your Peditrician :)

jme1129

I am looking for a peditrician, ideally in Calvert County. Please tell me what's great about yours - and why you'd recommend them.

Anyone know anything about Dr. Chiu and her husband?

Thanks!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I am looking for a peditrician, ideally in Calvert County. Please tell me what's great about yours - and why you'd recommend them.

Thanks!

is her husbands name Aw?

I take our son, and LOVE Dr Sheth..

He's a middle Eastern Mr. Bean. Kids love him, he's aggressive in his care, and easy to talk to.

cdsulhoff

Bayshore peditrician is #1 They are in Prince Frederick!

I never had any problem with them at all!!!

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
If you're willing to drive down to St. Mary's, then I second the recommendation for Dr. Sheth. His office is right across 235 from the Wal-Mart. He's wonderful.

Otherwise, if you insist upon Calvert, I'd say check out Dr. Hawit. I think he's still located up in the PF/Huntingtown area.

sockgirl77

is her husbands name Aw?

He's a middle Eastern Mr. Bean. Kids love him, he's aggressive in his care, and easy to talk to.

I'm switching to him now. I'm not very happy with my current pediatrician. She was good for a few years but her office is a PITA and I can never get my kids in the same day. I've heard wonderful things about Dr. Sheth from quite a few people. :yay:

pizzi7404

Thanks!

Been taking my daughter to Dr. Chiu since she was born and she is awesome. Actually all the doctors in that practice are wonderful. My little girl loves them all. I highly recommend going to them.

SoMDGirl42

is her husbands name Aw?

I love Dr. Sheth, but his wife is a complete biatch! She's been billing my insurance, and then billing my daughters father's insurance, then billing mefor the same visits for over a year. He's been getting paid $210.00 for each $75.00 office visit. Every time I try to talk to her, she gets an attitude. I have heard of this with several of his patients. It's a matter of time before she lands him in serious hot water for insurance fraud. When the bottom falls out, remember you heard it here first at SOMD.com :lmao:

Doesn't change my opinion of Dr. Sheth. He is still a wonderful doctor, we just need lock his wife up.

sockgirl77

I love Dr. Sheth, but his wife is a complete biatch! She's been billing my insurance, and then billing my daughters father's insurance, then billing mefor the same visits for over a year. He's been getting paid $210.00 for each $75.00 office visit. Every time I try to talk to her, she gets an attitude. I have heard of this with several of his patients. It's a matter of time before she lands him in serious hot water for insurance fraud. When the bottom falls out, remember you heard it here first at SOMD.com :lmao:

Doesn't change my opinion of Dr. Sheth. He is still a wonderful doctor, we just need lock his wife up.

Dr. Dhillon's billing office was the same way. They were completely useless. After awhile, I came to feel the same way about Dr. Dhillon.

QueenB

It's not HaHa time....

Thanks!

I use Bayshore Pediatrics, Dr. Singh. My twins have been going there since birth, it will be 6 years in July. I am extremly happy with them. They always answer my questions as best as possible and the girls love going there. They dont fight about going to see the doc.

sunflower

Loving My Life...
Dr. Dhillon's billing office was the same way. They were completely useless. After awhile, I came to feel the same way about Dr. Dhillon.

Im about to switch.. Had a 830 appointment last week.. Well he didnt arrive until 9.. I asked why do you schedule people at 830 and make them wait.. Oh were sorry :blahblah:

sockgirl77

Im about to switch.. Had a 830 appointment last week.. Well he didnt arrive until 9.. I asked why do you schedule people at 830 and make them wait.. Oh were sorry :blahblah:

After dealing with him swabbing J's throat for strep each and every visit for no reason I was peeved. The J was sick for 3 weeks and Dr. Dhillon kept saying that it was just a cold and teething. Took him to ER and he had pneumonia. A few days at SMH and he was transferred to the Childrens' Respitory Care Unit for another week. After that, I was DONE.

SoMDGirl42

After dealing with him swabbing J's throat for strep each and every visit for no reason I was peeved. The J was sick for 3 weeks and Dr. Dhillon kept saying that it was just a cold and teething. Took him to ER and he had pneumonia. A few days at SMH and he was transferred to the Childrens' Respitory Care Unit for another week. After that, I was DONE.

Similar issue with him here. My son was about 12. High fever, and killer headache. He kept repeating his throat culture and CBC everyday. His WBC was nearly tripled in 4 days. Kept insisting it was a virus, until his temp shot to 105 and he has PUS coming out of his sinues. I was pissed. Nothing like see green pus oozing out of your sons sinsus and the doctor saying, "oh, I see the problem now, he has a sinus infection." That was his last visit with Dr. Dhillon.

sunflower

Loving My Life...

Good Lord..

daisy

We just switched to Bayshore at the end of December. We previously used Dr. Dhillon, and after a 3 hour wait, and an unsatisfactory check up for my 7 week old, I had had enough! (have been going there for over 2 years with my daughter) The next day Dr. Chiu saw him at Bayshore, and we accomplished more in that appt. than had been accomplished the entire 7 weeks with Dr. Dhillon. My 2 1/2 year old really likes Bayshore also. We've seen Dr. Chiu and Dr. Singh, and both have been wonderful!

Good Luck!

jedi2814

Similar issue with him here. My son was about 12. High fever, and killer headache. He kept repeating his throat culture and CBC everyday. His WBC was nearly tripled in 4 days. Kept insisting it was a virus, until his temp shot to 105 and he has PUS coming out of his sinues. I was pissed. Nothing like see green pus oozing out of your sons sinsus and the doctor saying, "oh, I see the problem now, he has a sinus infection." That was his last visit with Dr. Dhillon.

That's just sad especially since WBCs don't go up with a viral infection (not significantly anyway).

C

CalvertNewbie

We just switched to Bayshore at the end of December. We previously used Dr. Dhillon, and after a 3 hour wait, and an unsatisfactory check up for my 7 week old, I had had enough! (have been going there for over 2 years with my daughter) The next day Dr. Chiu saw him at Bayshore, and we accomplished more in that appt. than had been accomplished the entire 7 weeks with Dr. Dhillon. My 2 1/2 year old really likes Bayshore also. We've seen Dr. Chiu and Dr. Singh, and both have been wonderful!

Good Luck!

I'm glad to hear that people are still satisfied with Bayshore Pediatrics. When I did a search on here a few months ago, it seemed that their practice was worth checking out. Many people had commented that they never really have to wait, which is important to me. Who wants to be sitting in a doctor's office for hours with a sick child?

That's who we decided to go with, our son is due next month. We went to a class at Calvert Hospital that Dr. Singh happened to be teaching. We really liked his attitude and what he had to say. The following week, we went to a meet & greet there and decided that they were the ones for us. So we'll soon see.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent

Good Luck!

That's one of the reasons why I left Dr. Dhillon. I had enough! Also, I was getting tired of bringing my son for a well being check up and he always come home sick because we were in the waiting room full of sick kids because sick kids don't stay in sick room for several of hours waiting to be seen. I had enough. Ever since we switched to different doctor, we are seen right away on time for our appt., and my son doesn't come home sick anymore.

misshelper

That's one of the reasons why I left Dr. Dhillon. I had enough! Also, I was getting tired of bringing my son for a well being check up and he always come home sick because we were in the waiting room full of sick kids because sick kids don't stay in sick room for several of hours waiting to be seen. I had enough. Ever since we switched to different doctor, we are seen right away on time for our appt., and my son doesn't come home sick anymore.

And it doesn't make much sense anyway, the sick and well kids are not seperated. So there is no point.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
And it doesn't make much sense anyway, the sick and well kids are not seperated. So there is no point.

The sick and well rooms are separated, but it doesn't keep the sick kids in the sick room and well kids in the well room. Also, when there's no more chairs, parents go where ever is available as the both waiting rooms are always full and packed. I don't think they ever clean the chairs, toys, etc. at the end of the day before going home.