PLEASE - why do we have this guy?

stgislander

PREMO Member
You look at Schumer and Wretch and Hochul and Biden - these are villains straight out of Central Casting. The women always have these angry faces like they want to make a coat out of puppies and the men look like they belong in the Marvel Universe. They don't even try to hide it. But Democrats love them - the meaner and more evil they are, the more Democrats want to vote for them.

It's stunning.
And I give you... Jamie Raskin.

SamSpade

And got re-elected! As did all the rona fascists. As I recall the only rona fascist who got the boot was Andrew Cuomo....to be replaced by an even bigger fascist.

There is a significant portion of this country that loves being degraded and abused.

True story.
I'm not sure it's totally that.

Some jurisdictions - like *DC* or Chicago - are so lopsidedly Democratic, the real election happens WITHIN the party - because the election in the fall is just window dressing. Once you get the nomination in these places - your election is assured.

As a consequence - your ascension is largely a party maneuver. Just look at how Obama first got his shot at state Senator. Got it by showing the petitions of all his competitors were fake. The actual ELECTION was an afterthought.

So that certainly explains Cuomo. The Dems booted him - and they put in their guy. What is interesting is, outside NYC, the state is very red. THAT is starting to change things, in New York. That's sort of true in Illinois too - the rest of the state is very red, but Chicago is just too damned big.

MICHIGAN is the one that befuddles me. You'd THINK after all her crap, it would have at LEAST been close.
Granted, outside Detroit, she gets beat - but - the Dems have successfully cast the Republicans as always, always the bad guys.

I don't know if I remember mentioning a co-worker - incredibly dumb - as in "where do raisins come from?" or "bulls are - MALE cows?" stupid -

But when officemates began talking politics, she asked "which ones are the 'good guys'? The Democrats, right? And the Republicans, they're the 'bad guys'?". Seriously. There are myriads of people who don't think in terms of - this party does this, and that party does that - it's which one is the "good guys" as though life was like that. As though an aspiring politician decides "I think I'll run on the BAD GUY ticket".

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
You look at Schumer and Wretch and Hochul and Biden - these are villains straight out of Central Casting. The women always have these angry faces like they want to make a coat out of puppies and the men look like they belong in the Marvel Universe. They don't even try to hide it. But Democrats love them - the meaner and more evil they are, the more Democrats want to vote for them.

It's stunning.
And that right there is why I've had a negative opinion of them since the early 80s.

CPUSA

I don't know if I remember mentioning a co-worker - incredibly dumb - as in "where do raisins come from?" or "bulls are - MALE cows?" stupid -

But when officemates began talking politics, she asked "which ones are the 'good guys'? The Democrats, right? And the Republicans, they're the 'bad guys'?". Seriously. There are myriads of people who don't think in terms of - this party does this, and that party does that - it's which one is the "good guys" as though life was like that. As though an aspiring politician decides "I think I'll run on the BAD GUY ticket".
That is absolutely fascinating!!!
And no...I don't believe you ever mentioned that you used to work with SMC79...

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Some jurisdictions - like *DC* or Chicago - are so lopsidedly Democratic, the real election happens WITHIN the party - because the election in the fall is just window dressing. Once you get the nomination in these places - your election is assured.

As a consequence - your ascension is largely a party maneuver. Just look at how Obama first got his shot at state Senator. Got it by showing the petitions of all his competitors were fake. The actual ELECTION was an afterthought.

So that certainly explains Cuomo. The Dems booted him - and they put in their guy. What is interesting is, outside NYC, the state is very red. THAT is starting to change things, in New York. That's sort of true in Illinois too - the rest of the state is very red, but Chicago is just too damned big.

MICHIGAN is the one that befuddles me. You'd THINK after all her crap, it would have at LEAST been close.
Granted, outside Detroit, she gets beat - but - the Dems have successfully cast the Republicans as always, always the bad guys.

They, (the people in each dem jurisdiction), are all slaves on the plantation. They know nothing else other than what is feed to them. Sure, there are a few recalcitrant slaves, sometimes making waves, but the majority of them will follow in lockstep and vote for who they are told to vote for, regardless if it is in their best interests or not. It's all they know.

Hijinx

For your consideration ...

They, (the people in each dem jurisdiction), are all slaves on the plantation. They know nothing else other than what is feed to them. Sure, there are a few recalcitrant slaves, sometimes making waves, but the majority of them will follow in lockstep and vote for who they are told to vote for, regardless if it is in their best interests or not. It's all they know.
Well you are correct but it isn't always because they are on the reservation, it's because they don't know any better. They don't pay attention and they are uninformed. They are too uninterested to know what their best interests are.

SamSpade

Well you are correct but it isn't always because they are on the reservation, it's because they don't know any better. They don't pay attention and they are uninformed. They are too uninterested to know what their best interests are.
We don't usually talk politics with our kids - mostly because if we do, they can't follow it, have no idea who anyone is unless they're the President or VP and mostly - they simply don't care. They don't pay taxes and what these guys do has little effect on their lives.

BUT -

When it does come up, it's CLEAR that their *friends* tell them all kinds of stuff - and usually it's the kind of stuff like Republicans want to bring back slavery kind of stuff. My middle girl's friends are hyper-liberal and my kid's teachers have been known to utter stuff offhandedly. I heard about Project 2025 from my daughter - frankly, hadn't heard of it. WHAT she told me was an unbelievable distortion of what they want - but not totally.

However - she therefore believes that if Trump wins, all that stuff she heard will happen.

And makes no effort to investigate - because like all teenagers, their friends are right and everyone's parents are idiots. That they love anyway.

BOP

I've said for a while now that the residents of any large city (over x-amount of population size) should have their votes only count for half. So if you have, say 2 million people in the city, that's actually 1 million votes.

We should at least try it and see what happens.

BOP

And that right there is why I've had a negative opinion of them since the early 80s.
The first election I was eligible to vote in was 1976. That was the first national election I was eligible to vote in, and even then, I was a "lesser of two evils kind of guy," with Republican'ts being generally the lesser of those evils. I was a registered Libertarian, but seldom voted for a Lib candidate.

Even then, I was a "vote the bums out" kind of guy, unless the opposition was just so bad that I couldn't in good conscience vote for them. That's why, for example, I voted against Mike Evans; not because I thought he was doing a bad job, but simply because he was the incumbent. No other reason.

Hijinx

It is seldom that a person is wrong if they go to the polls and never vote for an incumbent.

CPUSA

We don't usually talk politics with our kids - mostly because if we do, they can't follow it, have no idea who anyone is unless they're the President or VP and mostly - they simply don't care. They don't pay taxes and what these guys do has little effect on their lives.

BUT -

When it does come up, it's CLEAR that their *friends* tell them all kinds of stuff - and usually it's the kind of stuff like Republicans want to bring back slavery kind of stuff. My middle girl's friends are hyper-liberal and my kid's teachers have been known to utter stuff offhandedly. I heard about Project 2025 from my daughter - frankly, hadn't heard of it. WHAT she told me was an unbelievable distortion of what they want - but not totally.

However - she therefore believes that if Trump wins, all that stuff she heard will happen.

And makes no effort to investigate - because like all teenagers, their friends are right and everyone's parents are idiots. That they love anyway.
Ooh!! This is how my kids were in 2020!!! Only listened to what Liberals spoon fed to them, regarding Donald.
Couldn't WAIT for ol' Joe to dethrone him!!!

They haven't stopped crying since June of 2021...and are registered to vote for Trump this November...I can only thank the Biden Administration for this awakening...

Obviously, the stupid DOES have to hurt before the change will happen...

SamSpade

Ooh!! This is how my kids were in 2020!!! Only listened to what Liberals spoon fed to them, regarding Donald.
Couldn't WAIT for ol' Joe to dethrone him!!!

They haven't stopped crying since June of 2021...and are registered to vote for Trump this November...I can only thank the Biden Administration for this awakening...

Obviously, the stupid DOES have to hurt before the change will happen...
My son will probably vote the way I do. It's not a GREAT comfort to know that he really doesn't understand things and never will - but he still wants to vote.

It's my girls that challenge me. My middle child is exceedingly bright, but like many teens, her knowledge of politics and the government is as limited as is her knowledge of all current events. BARELY beyond the headlines, and believes her friends FAR MORE than her old-fashioned Dad who is too set in his ways and OBVIOUSLY doesn't know anything.

THAT - and what we know a lot about the left, and DeeJay reminds us - the left is more about feels than reality or pragmatics. They LOVE for instance, the idea of taking in the whole world of suffering people - but are unable to fathom how many that is or able to grasp how impossible it is, both as a risk and a cost. We CANNOT bring in, the rest of the world. We're a nation of 330 million people - and the rest of the world is TWENTY FIVE TIMES BIGGER in population. I never quite got the scope of that, until I went to China and found that a city of 5 million - is AVERAGE.

The Dems want to paint a picture that all people coming here are yearning for a better life - but thousands are coming with an agenda to do us harm. OR to exploit us. And those Tajiks? They were CLEARED. It is simply INSANE to allow a bleeding heart NOT to take heed.

I say - every liberal that wants to let in illegals - NEEDS TO SPONSOR them personally, and have them stay in their homes. At least that way, someone has an idea of what's going on.