plyometrics

T

toppick08

LOL. That is one of the nicest compliments I have ever gotten on these forums. :lmao:

I have never measured my box jump height or my vertical. I can touch the [/B]rim on a basketball goal though. I am 5'8" and 230lbs. :pete:

Impressive.....:yay:

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
LOL. That is one of the nicest compliments I have ever gotten on these forums. :lmao:

:lmao: No problem! :lmao:

I'd be more than happy to smack your ass after each pushup :killingme Unless that wasn't the "more" you were looking for :wink:

Trust me, you won't want to do that after the second circuit or so, butt sweat flying EVERYWHERE :lol:

Prilipen's Chart is worth your researching time too.

Alright, not sure how to apply that chart to plyometrics or workouts geared toward improving work capacity (minimal/no rest time) :confused: Is it JUST for max weight workouts?

B

Big Fatty

Alright, not sure how to apply that chart to plyometrics or workouts geared toward improving work capacity (minimal/no rest time) :confused: Is it JUST for max weight workouts?

A. S. Prilipin suggested that to achieve the proper intensity, one should use the rep/set scheme shown in the table, to ensure the greatest development of speed and strength. He discovered that if 7 or more reps were performed at 70%, the bar speed slowed and power decreased. The same holds true when using 80% or 90%. Once one goes above the rep range shown, the bar slows, which translates to less power. If you do fewer or more lifts than Prilepin suggests will cause a decrease in training effect.

Number of Reps for Percent Training

Percent/Reps per set/Optimal Total/Range
55-65/ 3-6 /24 /18-30
70-75 /3-6 /18 /12-24
80-85/ 2-4 /15 /10-20
90+ /1-2/ 7 /4-10

Lugnut, you would use the lower end of the chart here. Plyos involve power. (Plyometric movements, in which a muscle is loaded and then contracted in rapid sequence, use the strength, elasticity and innervation of muscle and surrounding tissues to jump higher, run faster, throw farther, or hit harder, depending on the desired training goal.)

****I quoted this from EliteFTS.com and Wiki. They say it better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
ANumber of Reps for Percent Training

Percent/Reps per set/Optimal Total/Range
55-65/ 3-6 /24 /18-30
70-75 /3-6 /18 /12-24
80-85/ 2-4 /15 /10-20
90+ /1-2/ 7 /4-10

Lugnut, you would use the lower end of the chart here. Plyos involve power.

Thanks Fatty, I'll start working with this at the end of the week. I'm not making much progress with clap pushups. I'll switch over to this for a month and see how it works. If it helps I'll add it to burpees and sled work. :yay:

I thought that's what the gloves for for :lmao: I may need to add goggles and a shower cap though

You my dear are a dirty DIRTY girl :shakeshead: :lol: