Police Nab Speeding Lamborghini

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
The Environmental Protection Agency said the Gallardo has a top speed of 196 mph and gets 17 miles to the gallon on highways.
that's as good as a lot of the trucks and SUVs around here :lol:

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Dayumn, 196 MPH + 17 MPG = Good commuter car
Wouldn't take ya long to go to work and you'd get good mileage to boot.... :lmao:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Why would they go to the EPA for the info. on the car's top speed?

I can understand the EPA having stats on what kind of fuel mileage cars get but I find it weird that they are the source for this info. in this article.

Mikeinsmd

AK-74me said:
Why would they go to the EPA for the info. on the car's top speed?

I can understand the EPA having stats on what kind of fuel mileage cars get but I find it weird that they are the source for this info. in this article.
Didn't say it got 17mpg @ 196. Just said the EPA mpg is 17. EPA tests are done at average road speeds.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Mikeinsmd said:
Didn't say it got 17mpg @ 196. Just said the EPA mpg is 17. EPA tests are done at average road speeds.

I know it dosen't get 17 mpg @ 196mph but if you read the last paragragh of the article it says
The Environmental Protection Agency said the Gallardo has a top speed of 196 mph and gets 17 miles to the gallon on highways.

Mikeinsmd

Mikeinsmd said:
Right, 2 separate points.

1. Top Speed = 196.
2. 17mph highway.
Ohhhhhhh..... I reread your post. You were wondering why the EPA states the cars top speed....
Good question. :shrug: