• Constition

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Highlander

ONE NATION UNDER GOD
If all of the political parties had an equal chance at the election process and you could choose a party that best fit you, which political party would you choose?

Here's a link to the many parties out there

Politics1 - Guide to American Political Parties

US Mariquana party? OK, maybe this isn't the best list to review. I'll bet they will run Michael Phelps as their candidate.

OOPS, I mispelled Constitution. I'm sure some of you will notice. Oh, well.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Probably Libertarian. I'm a social liberal/fiscal conservative and they're my best fit.

bcp

In My Opinion
I would go constitution.
Minus certain personal rights restrictions that were evident, I would like to see this country go back to a 1950s style of doing business.
buy American was not a slogan back then, it was a way of life. The American people produced for Americans, and bought from Americans, the money stayed in this country. very prosperous times if you were not one of the excluded.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I would go constitution.

The CP is too religious in their Constitutional interpretation, so they go in the discard pile for me. I agree with most of their platform, but when it starts out with
The Constitution Party gratefully acknowledges the blessing of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ as Creator, Preserver and Ruler of the Universe and of these United States. We hereby appeal to Him for mercy, aid, comfort, guidance and the protection of His Providence as we work to restore and preserve these United States.

This great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been and are afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here.

The goal of the Constitution Party is to restore American jurisprudence to its Biblical foundations
and to limit the federal government to its Constitutional boundaries.

The Constitution of these United States provides that "no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States." The Constitution Party supports the original intent of this language. Therefore, the Constitution Party calls on all those who love liberty and value their inherent rights to join with us in the pursuit of these goals and in the restoration of these founding principles.

The U.S. Constitution established a Republic rooted in Biblical law, administered by representatives who are Constitutionally elected by the citizens. In such a Republic all Life, Liberty and Property are protected because law rules.

I'm outta here.

Constitution Party Platform

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Looks like this would be my third party:

Issues

"Issues concerning a religious or moral nature should not be a political football being tossed around while throwing dispersions at others. Therefore, once again we say that this issue be discussed at your place of worship and in your home and should not be a part of the political arena."

-and -

"We must re-train those currently on welfare to understand that their job is "not" to stand in lines to get additional Welfare. ALL welfare will be changed to Workfare."

-and-

"Give foreign aid to only those strategic countries (in order to avoid imminent threat of international instability) and our allied nations. For economic development purposes we should rely on American businesses, which are interested in doing business with the respective counties. It is not our responsibility as taxpayers to bail the world out of their economic trouble. Americans have always given generously to ease the hardships of those in other countries. Americans can continue to do so through charitable donations anywhere in the world."

bcp

In My Opinion
The CP is too religious in their Constitutional interpretation, so they go in the discard pile for me. I agree with most of their platform, but when it starts out with

I'm outta here.

Constitution Party Platform
That pretty much does not cause great excitement in me either way.
I look at the other issues
abortion
drugs
crime
etc...

the abortion and drugs are the main issues I have with the libertarians.

looking back at this countries history and seeing how things changed over the years leading up to where we are now, I see the major issue being morals.
we no longer have any.
To replace the morals of this country would go a long way to bringing us back to a productive society that is able to sustain its own interests. There is no Constitutional requirement that we provide welfare, or foriegn aid. so why do we?
people dug out of the depression by working, not by sitting on their butts waiting for the gubmint check to come in and provide them a carefree life.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I have no problem with abortion - to me it's simply population control and riff raff reduction. <-- I'll take #### for that and have to explain once again my position on this. :lol:

The only problem I have with drug use is how it will affect me personally. If other people want to fry their brains, they can have at it. But when their problem becomes my problem, NOW I care. If they want to legalize pot and other minor drugs, I'm okay with that. But I don't want a bunch of freakin' junkies around me and I don't want to pay for their treatment or groceries or anything because they can't hold a job.

bcp

In My Opinion
everything that has ever been done in this country always takes one more step, its never enough.
as a country we have already become comfortable with abortion.
the next step could bring us in line with China.
If during the ultrasound its not what you want? kill it.
you have too many children? kill some
need to dispose of a babies body? throw it in the gutter, animal control or some individual will come along and pick up the remains.

not exactly the society that I care to be associated with.

looking back at this countries history and seeing how things changed over the years leading up to where we are now, I see the major issue being morals.

But what do drugs have to do with morals? Morals have to do with how one treats other living things, not how they treat themselves. Perhaps some people's lack of morality becomes more evident when they are altered by drug's effects - but the choice to use drugs or not doesn't have anything to do with morals. Either you have them to a certain degree or you don't, and choosing to use drugs isn't indicative one way of the other.

The choice to use drugs usually stems from some other failings, not from a lack of morals.

Abortion is a different issue, and the connection between that issue and morals is self-evident.

Beta84

They're out to get us
I have no problem with abortion - to me it's simply population control and riff raff reduction. <-- I'll take #### for that and have to explain once again my position on this. :lol:

The only problem I have with drug use is how it will affect me personally. If other people want to fry their brains, they can have at it. But when their problem becomes my problem, NOW I care. If they want to legalize pot and other minor drugs, I'm okay with that. But I don't want a bunch of freakin' junkies around me and I don't want to pay for their treatment or groceries or anything because they can't hold a job.

If the Libertarians ever had enough impact where they could legalize drugs, then ideally they'd have enough impact where you wouldn't have to pay for their crap, right? :shrug:

Drugs is something that probably won't be changed and abortion is something else that probably won't be changed. I don't really understand why those two issues would impact anyone's political party.

Highlander

ONE NATION UNDER GOD
But what do drugs have to do with morals? Morals have to do with how one treats other living things, not how they treat themselves. Perhaps some people's lack of morality becomes more evident when they are altered by drug's effects - but the choice to use drugs or not doesn't have anything to do with morals. Either you have them to a certain degree or you don't, and choosing to use drugs isn't indicative one way of the other.

The choice to use drugs usually stems from some other failings, not from a lack of morals.

Abortion is a different issue, and the connection between that issue and morals is self-evident.

I'll have to disagree with you here. Someone with good morals will also care about how they treat themselves. There's more to morals than how you treat other people. That would be called respect or lack thereof. Anyway, wouldn't consider anyone who used drugs to have good morals. Sorry!

Actually, here's one definition of morals I just googled.

1. Of or concerned with the judgment of the goodness or badness of human action and character: moral scrutiny; a moral quandary.
2. Teaching or exhibiting goodness or correctness of character and behavior: a moral lesson.
3. Conforming to standards of what is right or just in behavior; virtuous: a moral life.
4. Arising from conscience or the sense of right and wrong: a moral obligation.
5. Having psychological rather than physical or tangible effects: a moral victory; moral support.
6. Based on strong likelihood or firm conviction, rather than on the actual evidence: a moral certainty.
n.

This should help you understand why I disagree with you on this one Tilt.

bcp

In My Opinion
If the Libertarians ever had enough impact where they could legalize drugs, then ideally they'd have enough impact where you wouldn't have to pay for their crap, right? :shrug:

Drugs is something that probably won't be changed and abortion is something else that probably won't be changed. I don't really understand why those two issues would impact anyone's political party.
drugs will be changed eventually at the current rate, and abortion is already taking a big change with the obama in office. we are once again spending our money to support abortion around the world.

would you identify with a party that was exactly in line with your thinking completely, except for the fact that they wanted to make it legal to string up blacks from trees for tresspassing? I mean, we know that would never come about, but would the fact that they held that thought be enough for you to look elsewhere?

bcp

In My Opinion
I'll have to disagree with you here. Someone with good morals will also care about how they treat themselves. There's more to morals than how you treat other people. That would be called respect or lack thereof. Anyway, wouldn't consider anyone who used drugs to have good morals. Sorry!

1. Of or concerned with the judgment of the goodness or badness of human action and character: moral scrutiny; a moral quandary.
2. Teaching or exhibiting goodness or correctness of character and behavior: a moral lesson.
3. Conforming to standards of what is right or just in behavior; virtuous: a moral life.
5. Having psychological rather than physical or tangible effects: a moral victory; moral support.
6. Based on strong likelihood or firm conviction, rather than on the actual evidence: a moral certainty.
n.

I might argue that point to a certain degree.
I know a few people that could just not be any better, caring, compassionate, always willing to help. But, they do fire up the glass pipe from time to time.
just not around me.
its possible to be a good person and use drugs to some extent, just like its possible to be a good person and suck down the occassional 6 pack of Bud Ice while sitting home in my,, I mean, your wife beater T-shirt.

I think I once again typed something that ended up looking different that I intended. Drugs and morals in many cases do not take away from each other. in other cases, they do.

Beta84

They're out to get us
drugs will be changed eventually at the current rate, and abortion is already taking a big change with the obama in office. we are once again spending our money to support abortion around the world.

would you identify with a party that was exactly in line with your thinking completely, except for the fact that they wanted to make it legal to string up blacks from trees for tresspassing? I mean, we know that would never come about, but would the fact that they held that thought be enough for you to look elsewhere?

that party would stay in line with my ideology :shrug:

:roflmao:

kinda my discussion that I had regarding religion...if you have one that's nearly perfect except for 1-2 things, and then the rest don't match very well but have "more acceptable" disagreements, you just need to figure out if it's ok for you or not. To each their own.

n.

I can certainly understand that perspective. The notion of morals is perceived in many different ways, by many different entities, and what exactly it refers to depends on who is using the term. The interpretation of meaning can also vary depending on the context in which it is discussed (e.g. religious, scientific, legal). Usually, the disagreements over morals have less to do with a disagreement about which things are good and which are bad - and more to do with what we mean by the word morals.

To be clear though, I think the choice to use drugs (i.e. to alter the natural way your consciousness interacts with the world) is almost always a result of some underlying insecurity or failing. If someone chooses to consider those failings moral in nature, that's fine with me. Personally I've never used any illegal drugs because I've never perceived that their effects were beneficial.

R

RadioPatrol

Character and Moral Conduct

John Adams, 2nd President and signer of the Declaration of Independence warned:
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

He also counseled:
"The people have a right, an indisputable, unalienable, indefeasible, divine right to that most dreaded and envied kind of knowledge - I mean of the character and conduct of their rulers." Our very Constitution is threatened when we permit immoral conduct by our leaders.

Public respect and esteem toward public officials has fallen to a shameful level. The Constitution Party finds that a cause of this national state of disgrace is the deterioration of personal character among government leaders, exacerbated by the lack of public outcry against immoral conduct by public office holders. Our party leaders and public officials must display exemplary qualities of honesty, integrity, reliability, moral uprightness, fidelity, prudence, temperance, justice, fortitude, self-restraint, courage, kindness, and compassion. If they cannot be trusted in private life, neither can they be trusted in public life.

It is imperative the members and nominated candidates representing the Constitution Party and its state affiliates recognize the importance of demonstrating good character in their own lives.

:popcorn:

H

HouseCat

Inspired me to switch to Constitutionist and proud of it.

R

RadioPatrol

IIRC .... drugs were not an issue until someone discovered I as away to put down blacks and further harass them (because whites did not care if blacks did drugs, until some one posted scare tactics about doped up blacks raping white women) .... so that has been a racial issue, plus in the beginning the states could not come up with a concise law regarding drugs ..... so the Goberment made it a tax issue to get around the states .....

:popcorn:

so ti all in an interesting show on the History Channel one night ....