• Constition

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
R

RadioPatrol

I might argue that point to a certain degree.
I know a few people that could just not be any better, caring, compassionate, always willing to help. But, they do fire up the glass pipe from time to time.
just not around me.
its possible to be a good person and use drugs to some extent, just like its possible to be a good person and suck down the occassional 6 pack of Bud Ice while sitting home in my,, I mean, your wife beater T-shirt.

I think I once again typed something that ended up looking different that I intended. Drugs and morals in many cases do not take away from each other. in other cases, they do.

I got a neighbor smokes a bowl most every night as a way to relax ..... he goes to work everyday and makes a good living as an electrician .... I do not partake it his activities ..... but i have not bothered to turn him in either ....

:coffee:

R

RadioPatrol

Afraid of a little Jesus .............

Gun Control

The 2nd Amendment strictly limits any interference with gun ownership by saying: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

The right to bear arms is inherent in the right of self defense, defense of the family, and defense against tyranny, conferred on the individual and the community by our Creator to safeguard life, liberty, and property, as well as to help preserve the independence of the nation.

The right to keep and bear arms is guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the Constitution; it may not properly be infringed upon or denied.

The Constitution Party upholds the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms. We oppose attempts to prohibit ownership of guns by law-abiding citizens, and stand against all laws which would require the registration of guns or ammunition.

We emphasize that when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have them. In such circumstances, the peaceful citizen's protection against the criminal would be seriously jeopardized.

We call for the repeal of all federal firearms legislation, beginning with Federal Firearms Act of 1968.

We call for the rescinding of all executive orders, the prohibition of any future executive orders, and the prohibition of treaty ratification which would in any way limit the right to keep and bear arms.

R

RadioPatrol

The Judiciary

We call attention to the following provisions of the Constitution:
Article 3, Section 1:
"The Judges, both of the supreme and inferior Courts, shall hold their Offices during good Behaviour". Note that the tenure of Federal Judges is not for life, but merely "during good behaviour".

Also, Article 2, Section 4:
"all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors."
"All civil officers" clearly includes Judges.

And the Constitution says regarding jurisdiction:
(Article 3, Section 2, Clause 2) "the supreme Court shall have appellate Jurisdiction … with such Exceptions, and under such Regulations as the Congress shall make."
Note that the Constitution gives Congress the power to make exceptions to the jurisdiction of the Supreme Court.

And regarding the duty of Judges:
(Article 6, Section 1, Clause 3) "all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution".
Which Constitution must they swear to support?

The United States Constitution does not provide for lifetime appointment of federal judges, but only for a term of office during good behavior. We support Congressional enforcement of the Constitutional rule of good behavior and to restrain judicial activism by properly removing offending judges through the process of impeachment provided for in Article I, § 2 and 3 of the Constitution. Furthermore, Congress must exert the power it possesses to prohibit all federal courts from hearing cases which Congress deems to be outside federal jurisdiction pursuant to Article III, § 2 of the Constitution.

We particularly support all the legislation which would remove from Federal appellate review jurisdiction matters involving acknowledgement of God as the sovereign source of law, liberty, or government.

We commend Former Chief Justice Roy Moore of the Alabama Supreme Court for his defense of the display of the Ten Commandments, and condemn those who persecuted him and removed him from office for his morally and legally just stand.

We deny the validity of judicial rulings that use foreign court rulings to overturn U.S. precedent.

:snacks:

R

RadioPatrol

Congressional Reform

"The Senators and Representatives ... shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution". - US Constitution, Article 6, Clause 3

With the advent of the 17th amendment, a vital check on Congress was removed. Since then, Congress has usurped power relatively unchecked, where today, very few members of Congress make it through a single session, without violating their oath of office to the Constitution.

The Congress of these United States has become an overpaid, overstaffed, self-serving institution. It confiscates taxpayer funds to finance exorbitant and unconstitutionally determined salaries, pensions, and perks. Most members of Congress have become more accountable to the Washington establishment than to the people in their home districts. Both houses of Congress are all too often unresponsive and irresponsible, arrogantly placing themselves above the very laws they enact, and beyond the control of the citizens they have sworn to represent and serve.

We seek to abolish Congressional pensions.

It is time for the American people to renew effective supervision of their public servants, to restore right standards and to take back the government. Congress must once again be accountable to the people and obedient to the Constitution, repealing all laws that delegate legislative powers to regulatory agencies, bureaucracies, private organizations, the Federal Reserve Board, international agencies, the President, and the judiciary.

The U.S. Constitution, as originally framed in Article I, Section 3, provided for U.S. Senators to be elected by state legislators. This provided the states direct representation in the legislative branch so as to deter the usurpation of powers that are Constitutionally reserved to the states or to the people.

The Seventeenth Amendment (providing for direct, popular election of U.S. Senators) took away from state governments their Constitutional role of indirect participation in the federal legislative process.

If we are to see a return to the states those powers, programs, and sources of revenue that the federal government has unconstitutionally taken away, then it is also vital that we repeal the Seventeenth Amendment and return to state legislatures the function of electing the U.S. Senate. In so doing, this would return the U.S. Senate to being a body that represents the legislatures of the several states on the federal level and, thus, a tremendously vital part of the designed checks and balances of power that our Constitution originally provided.

We support legislation to prohibit the attachment of unrelated riders to bills. Any amendments must fit within the scope and object of the original bill.

We support legislation to require that the Congressional Record contain an accurate record of proceedings. Members of Congress are not to be permitted to rewrite the speeches delivered during the course of debates, or other remarks offered from the floors of their respective houses; nor may any additional materials be inserted in the Record, except those referred to in the speaker's presentation and for which space is reserved.

:elaine:

yeah as it is now, they can say one thing in the floor, and have it edited later to say something else

R

RadioPatrol

Money and Banking

Article 1, Section 8, Clause 5 grants only to Congress the power "To coin Money [and] regulate the Value thereof", with no provision for such power to be delegated to any other group.

Congress began immediately to fulfill this obligation with the Mint Act of 1792, establishing a US Mint for producing Gold and Silver based coin, prescribing the value and content of each coin, and affixing the penalty of death to those who debase such currency.

Article 1, Section 10: "No State shall ... coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts".

Thus, the Constitution forbade the States from accepting or using anything other than a Gold and Silver based currency.

Money functions as both a medium of exchange and a symbol of a nation's morality.

The Founding Fathers established a system of "coin" money that was designed to prohibit the "improper and wicked" manipulation of the nation's medium of exchange while guaranteeing the power of the citizens' earnings.

The federal government has departed from the principle of "coin" money as defined by the U.S. Constitution and the Mint Act of 1792 and has granted unconstitutional control of the nation's monetary and banking system to the private Federal Reserve System.

The Constitution Party recommends a substantive reform of the system of Federal taxation. In order for such reform to be effective, it is necessary that these United States:

* Return to the money system set forth in the Constitution;
* Repeal the Federal Reserve Act, and reform the current Federal Reserve banks to become clearing houses only; and
* Prohibit fractional reserve banking.

It is our intention that no system of "debt money" shall be imposed on the people of these United States. We support a debt free, interest free money system.

:popcorn:

dustin

UAIOE
Libertarian. More so for the economic freedoms and less government footprint than on the other social issues that I see as minor.

willie

Maybe I caught him on an incoherent day but Ron Paul talked me out of the Libertarian Party.

L

Libertarian

If all of the political parties had an equal chance at the election process and you could choose a party that best fit you, which political party would you choose?

Here's a link to the many parties out there

Politics1 - Guide to American Political Parties

US Mariquana party? OK, maybe this isn't the best list to review. I'll bet they will run Michael Phelps as their candidate.

OOPS, I mispelled Constitution. I'm sure some of you will notice. Oh, well.

I would go with the Libertarian Party, which is no different then my current affiliation and the way I currently vote.

I realize some dislike Libertarians' stand on drug legalization, but even if it got to that point it would not happen overnight. Furthermore, since Libertarians do not believe in any kind of gov't subsidies, drug legalization would not result in government-subsidized addiction programs.

As for abortion, the Libertarian Party has no official stand on the issue. However, since it states on its web site that the issue is best left up to the individual, some justifiably interpret that as a pro-choice stand.

I was formerly a Republican up until about 2004 when I realized that Republicans were just as much part of the problem as the Democrats. My wife, formerly a Democrat, voted Libertarian in 2008 and recently changed her voter registration to Libertarian. The party is making progress.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I like this party, very much;

Republican Party (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The problem with it, and with any other party, is the degree of fealty of the leaders of the party to the parties ideas.

The GOP has failed itself, and the nation as far as I am concerned, by betraying itself on;

National defense; we used to be against nation building as a fools errand

Separation and balance of powers; we used to think a potus was just an equal third, not a king.

Economics; Need I say more?

Environmental policy; We used to oppose nut jobs

Social policy; We used to be against amending the constitution to LIMIT individual rights.

If Republicans stuck to what they say they believe in, they, and we, would be in better shape.