Politicians debate ban on spanking

terbear1225

Isn't amazing that teachers can keep 25 kids in line with out laying a finger on them? I have had many toddlers in my care over the years and never spanked a single one. Sure, I had to get up off the couch and parent. I had to plan my day so they were learning and exploring in safe situations, but the payoff was confident kids that are polite and friendly. I have seen people hit their kids for hitting other kids. It never makes sense to me. If you can't garner your child's respect with your words then you have a few things to learn.

and you don't think that at least part of that control is because some of the kids are afraid ofwhat their parents would do if the teacher called home and said they'd been acting up? I know that fear had an influence on how I behaved at school.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
I had my nephew over for dinner last night and he asked me if I wanted a butt-kicking. Then proceeded to kick me in my shin. I asked him if he ever got a butt-kicking and he said no, mommy and daddy just spank me. But I wear a diaper so it don't hurt but I don't tell them that.

What a stinker, how old is he?? Sounds like if he can reason that one out that he is too old for a diaper.:lmao:

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
How am I infringing your rights? You can beat the ever living #### out of anyone you want (except my kids). I have never spanked a child and I never will. There are many different ways to parent. Maybe because I taught before I had kids I learned different ways to modify behavior. I respect kids as people.

Kids are people...Spanking a child who needs it doesn't mean they are being disrespected. I'll try and reason with my children and then when it's going in one ear and out the other,, a good smack on the rear sets things into perspective!!!

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
My two year old is incredibly hard headed, he has got a few spanks now. Mostly for running awaing in busy parking lots and being mean to the baby. That kid is gonna be the death of me yet....

I hate to think where I would have ended up without a healthy fear of consequences. Dad never spared the belt so you thought long and hard before doing anything stupid. It worked, we did well in school, stayed out of trouble, and grew into productive members of society. The few time I really got it were well deserved. I was always hardheaded and now my son appears to have inhereted my stubborness and oppositional streak. It's gonna be a wild ride ahead.

Last edited:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
What a stinker, how old is he?? Sounds like if he can reason that one out that he is too old for a diaper.:lmao:
I'm sure he's perfectly capable of going without a diaper, but if he lets his parents know that he loses his protection...I think we've already established the boy's not that stupid. :lmao:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I thought it was funny as hell when she said something about "what would Jesus do". I think she needs to read her bible.

smilin

BOXER NATION
Kids are adults in training. Most kids know that a talking to is just that, a lot of hot air. They aren't dumb.
Spanking is a last resort which clears the air. Most kids know full well the limits and push them. Spanking clears the air and reinforces the limits.
How many times have we seen the cops who post on here say:
"Because it's the law"?
How many kids think they can bend the rules because there are no consequences they are scared of? It starts young, when you say no,
it means no or face the penalties.