Politics of The Mask

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I think those without the clot shot are still required to wear their face diaper. Many are not attending due to this fact.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Democrats Have A Teachers Union Problem

WASHINGTON, DC — Washington’s mask mandate ended Tuesday morning.

It had been nearly two years, and on its final day, stood as one of the country’s last remaining hold-outs. Texas, in contrast, had ended theirs a full year before — while a number of states across the country never even had one at all.

But back in Washington Tuesday morning, a public school employee closed the door in the face of a five-year-old boy who hadn’t brought his mask. It was 39 degrees outside.

[clip]

On Tuesday afternoon, D.C. Public Schools sent parents an email. They were making progress against Covid, they crowed, so the kids would be allowed to take their masks off — outside.

What goal post had they reached? One hundred and seventy-four positive cases out of 46,000. That is 0.3 percent — falling far below even the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s benchmark for continued restrictions.

That evening, as children played outside in their masks, an employee confidently told one mother she hadn’t heard anything about any policy change.

Tomorrow morning, as the temperatures hover around 40 degrees, a five-year-old boy will be forced to stand in the cold until he puts on a mask; left out in the cold, with the rest of the children.

glhs837

Power with Control
Freaking lunacy. Its become a religion. So, airplanes? I've been to busy to check. Just looked, seems the TSA hasn't said squat, but their rule expires the 18th. SInce I might have to go to Hawaii for something happening the 17th, I hope it dies early.

Hijinx

I thought I had a pretty good sense of humor,. That skit had a couple of mildly funny parts, but it certainly wasn't as funny as advertised.
It could have stated here we are sitting at this restaurant without masks and we are safe because we are sitting whil walking i her without a mask we would have been at risk.

Requirements for masking have been lifted in Federal buildings finally.

Lets see how ####ing long it lasts this time. :tap:
I'm going to assume it will correlate with the ups and downs of fuel prices. Right now fuel is 'up' so mask 'down'.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

NYC Drops Vaccine Passport, K-12 Mask Mandates – But Students Under 5 Still Have To Mask Up

The vaccine passport system for gyms, restaurants, and entertainment areas will end on Monday, along with K-12 school mask requirements. Adams spoke in Times Square and said New York City is ready to get past COVID-19 rules that have negatively impacted the city’s economy over the past two years.

“This is clearly an Arnold Schwarzenegger moment,” Adams said, per Politico. “We’ll be back.”

He pointed to the city’s vaccination rate and low amount of new COVID-19 cases as reasons for getting rid of the requirements.

“The rates are low enough that the mandatory program is no longer needed,” he said. “Those few that it’s gonna take a while, I understand it. But the overwhelming number of New Yorkers are ready.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Chicago Public Schools To Lift Mask Mandate, Teachers Union Immediately Pushes Back

As the Chicago Tribune reported, “CPS’ announcement comes three days before a March 10 court date for the district and downstate attorney Tom DeVore, who has been trying to halt the CPS mask and exclusion mandate. Parents who participated in DeVore’s litigation challenging Gov. J.B. Pritzker’s school COVID-19 policies argued the CPS mask mandate violates their students’ due process rights.”

“I am in receipt of the CPS announcement that effective Monday, March 14, 2022 the district will drop its unlawful mask mandate. It’s unfortunate CPS had to be faced with the imminent issuance of a restraining order before finding the courage to take a stand against the teachers union unlawful bargaining provisions,” DeVore said in a statement. “I’m excited for the parents of CPS students who will now be free to exercise their right to choose what’s best for their children instead of being dictated to by overreaching bureaucracies. The rule of law exists to protect everyone in this state including all children who attend CPS. I will not stop until we are certain these unlawful mandates are never forced upon any child of this state again.”

The teachers union said Monday it “will immediately be filing an unfair labor practice charge against the district in response, and requesting that CPS bargain over this decision.” Compulsory masking is one of the parts of the COVID-19 deal the teachers union made with CPS in January after a disagreement resulted in five days of canceled classes for students.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

CDC’s silly stalling on flight masks

The TSA announcement comes as virtually all states and major cities have dropped their indoor mask mandates in response to plunging numbers of COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations and deaths. It also comes a week after the CDC eased its mask guidance for communities which overnight reduced recommendations for indoor masking from roughly 95 percent to about 37 percent of US counties. The numbers have only improved since — CDC’s latest update shows that 98 percent of Americans who live in 94 percent of US counties need not mask.

CDC’s guidelines moved from measuring community transmission to measuring community levels of disease — how much strain the virus is placing on a community’s health-care system as indicated by new COVID hospitalizations, the share of hospital beds occupied by patients admitted for COVID and new COVID cases. The new guidelines recognized that with the predominant, highly contagious but generally mild, Omicron variant, measuring transmission became much less important.

rio

Only in Head Start, otherwise it's the parents choice. Unless there is a school where principal made a decision only for their school.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Yet Another Misleading Mask Study Will be Used to Justify Masking Kids

The study had admirable goals — an attempt to assess the importance of masking in preventing “secondary” cases. Primary cases are defined as infections that came from the community, while secondary cases refers to transmission that seemingly occurred in schools.

To do this, the researchers contacted 13,800 school districts. 143 responded with interest in filling out a survey. 85 completed the survey. Here’s how that looks visually:

Immediately, the problems are noticeable.

When contacting that many districts and only 85 out of 13,800 actually complete the survey, they’re likely pre-selecting for districts convinced their policies mattered. And only 61 of the 85 consistently reported data that could be used for their results.

But don’t worry, it gets so, so much worse.

Of the 61 districts where the results were tracked, the breakdown of forced vs optional masking was unbelievably lopsided.

I mean, really, REALLY lopsided:

Out of 61 school districts included — 6 were mask optional. Less than 10%.

How is that remotely useful? These aren’t comparable data sets. It’s not balanced, 30 vs. 30, for example.

But it gets worse. So, so much worse.

[clip]

However, CDC guidance on contact tracing instructs schools to treat masked interactions very differently. If districts followed that guidance, masked students who were within 3-6 feet of masked, COVID positive students are not classified as a “close contact.”

Because the CDC assumes mask work (lol), they specifically instructed schools to treat possible transmission between two masked students differently, leading to contact tracers potentially mislabeling those who wore masks as “primary” infections.

By wearing a mask, you are no longer a “close contact” of another infected student who also wore a mask. How the CDC managed to justify that policy should be grounds for an entire psychological study in and of itself, but it’s virtually impossible to overstate how much of an impact that could have in contact tracing data among these schools.

Last edited: