Pond Fishin'

T

toppick08

Late Wed. afternoon catch with crickets.......:drummer:

Last edited by a moderator:

bulldog

Nice string of Bluegill. What's the big one?

Large Mouth Bass...I think.

Going pond fishing on Saturday and looking forward to a good time. Been catching a lot of nice bass, 1-3 pound range out of this little pond. Always fun when you're using ultra-light tackle.

sunflower

Loving My Life...
Last time I had blue gill they were muddy tasting... Haven't had any since then.. Time before that they were :yum:

bulldog

Sure.............I don't care....private family farm pond....need some deer meat ?

I don't think that that precludes you from following DNR rules and regulations. Even though it's a private farm, you can't hunt deer out of season unless you have a crop damage permit. I would imagine that fishing laws are much the same. The only thing that ownership does for you is allow you to hunt/fish without purchasing a permit. You still have to follow seasons and bag limits.

sunflower

Loving My Life...
I don't think that that precludes you from following DNR rules and regulations. Even though it's a private farm, you can't hunt deer out of season unless you have a crop damage permit. I would imagine that fishing laws are much the same. The only thing that ownership does for you is allow you to hunt/fish without purchasing a permit. You still have to follow seasons and bag limits.

Only if the state stocked the pond.. If you stocked it yourself then I beleive you dont have to wait for seasons...

L

Libertarian

You are correct, bulldog. The seasons and bag limits are still expected to be followed. In the eyes of the law ownership of land does not include ownership of the wildlife on the land; the DNR still has control over the wildlife.

T

toppick08

You are correct, bulldog. The seasons and bag limits are still expected to be followed. In the eyes of the law ownership of land does not include ownership of the wildlife on the land; the DNR still has control over the wildlife.

the law don't own this land......or maybe just the opposite.......:lmao:

pilkyd

i have to be honest, if i owned a farm with a pond and stocked it, nobody is going to dictate when and what i catch or eat out of it.