Pool Help???

sherrieb

We just bought a house in Southern Calvert that has an above ground pool. Does anyone know someone reasonable that could help us open the pool in May and show us how to maintain it? Thanks for your help.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I'm sure he'll chime in soon enough. Ask him about his speedo. :wink:

Welcome to the funnyfarm. :biggrin:

Vince

You can do it yourself if you want to. Depends if the filter system is hooked up or not. Go to local pool supply store and get an open up kit for whatever you're going to run in the pool, i.e. clorine, etc. Basic open up kit is just concentrated clorine and an algecide. After that, just run your filter system and take a water sample in the your pool supplier and they'll tell you what you need.

sherrieb

The problem is that it has a cover on it now, the property was vacant for almost a year (including last summer). We have no idea what we will find when we take the cover off (no one would come inspect it in the winter). We really don't have a clue as to what to do so we really want someone to show us the first time.

Vince

Originally posted by sherrieb
The problem is that it has a cover on it now, the property was vacant for almost a year (including last summer). We have no idea what we will find when we take the cover off (no one would come inspect it in the winter). We really don't have a clue as to what to do so we really want someone to show us the first time.
Depending on how it was winterized is what you're going to find when you uncover it. If it's all green on the bottom, don't let it bother you. That'll be taken care of with the initial algecide treatment. If your filter is hooked up it probably has some kind of anti-freeze in it. I always took mine down, cleaned and stored it for the winter. You have to pull it apart anyway to change the sand in it, if it's a sand filter.

sherrieb

thanks, I have no idea what kind of filter it has, this reinforces my wanting to have someone walk us through the first time! I guess we will check with the local pool company and see what they charge

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by sherrieb
We just bought a house in Southern Calvert that has an above ground pool. Does anyone know someone reasonable that could help us open the pool in May and show us how to maintain it? Thanks for your help.

Don't waste your money on hiring someone. Go to any pool place in the spring and they'll tell you how to do it for free. Best bet is to take pictures of your pool and parts, the pool places will know what you need to do. Countywide in Mechanicsville is awesome, April takes care of us every year.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by Vince
If it's all green on the bottom, don't let it bother you. That'll be taken care of with the initial algecide treatment.

:yeahthat:

I can guarantee it's going to be swamp green when you open it. Don't freak, it'll clear.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Countywide in Mechanicsville is awesome, April takes care of us every year.

If you are in the northern part of the county, April is the one to see.....Countywide Pool Service is great.....:clap:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Originally posted by Christy

I can guarantee it's going to be swamp green when you open it. Don't freak, it'll clear.
If she has a cover on it, and no leaves and such made it into the water, the water should be pretty clear. However, a snake or two might wander out from underneath...:bubble: