Pool Tournament Bracket Makers...

sockgirl77

Anyone know where I can find one. I am all googled out. I am doing a tournament on Saturday for 5-10 ppl.
I went to www.bracketmaker.com and it doesn't have what I need. All of the other sites are pay $49.95 for software. Errrrr.

Oh yeah, I need it to be single elimination.

TIA to anyone who can help!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
sockgirl77 said:
Anyone know where I can find one. I am all googled out. I am doing a tournament on Saturday for 5-10 ppl.
I went to www.bracketmaker.com and it doesn't have what I need. All of the other sites are pay $49.95 for software. Errrrr.

Oh yeah, I need it to be single elimination.

TIA to anyone who can help!
Do you just need blank brackets to print out?

Eddie

You mean the flowchart type things where you fill in the blank where A plays B, C play D and E plays F, then the winner of A/B plays the winner of C/D and so forth and so on till there is only 1 player left?

sockgirl77

jazz lady said:
www.darters.com

Brackets for all size tournaments - just ignore that it's for dart tournaments. :wink:
thanks. i found that one earlier. i was looking for something that let you design it based on number of players. it only has 6 an 8 player ones but i'll deal with it. guess i can draw the dayum thing myself. that's what i did last time but it looked like crap. i even used a ruler! :flowers:

sockgirl77

Eddie said:
You mean the flowchart type things where you fill in the blank where A plays B, C play D and E plays F, then the winner of A/B plays the winner of C/D and so forth and so on till there is only 1 player left?
:yay: exactly

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
sockgirl77 said:
thanks. i found that one earlier. i was looking for something that let you design it based on number of players. it only has 6 an 8 player ones but i'll deal with it. guess i can draw the dayum thing myself. that's what i did last time but it looked like crap. i even used a ruler! :flowers:
It has brackets for 10, 12, 14, etc. up to 64 slots. :confused:

sockgirl77

jazz lady said:
It has brackets for 10, 12, 14, etc. up to 64 slots. :confused:
so far there are 5 ppl signed up. but we are expecting up to 10. i was looking for one that i could have one for 5,6,7, 8,or 9 ppl. but i'll just have to do one myself. shouldn't be too hard. my brain isn't functioning 100% this morning. maybe after another cup of coffee i'll be able to figure it out. thanks for your help! you must play darts! love them!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
sockgirl77 said:
so far there are 5 ppl signed up. but we are expecting up to 10. i was looking for one that i could have one for 5,6,7, 8,or 9 ppl. but i'll just have to do one myself. shouldn't be too hard. my brain isn't functioning 100% this morning. maybe after another cup of coffee i'll be able to figure it out. thanks for your help! you must play darts! love them!
I've run playing in and running tournaments for 20 years, so I'll give you a little tournament bracket 101 course:

Brackets are based on doubling starting at 2. 2 X 2 = 4, 4 X 2 = 8, 8 X 2 = 16, etc. You use the bracket that is the next higher than the number of people you have. If 7 show up, you would use the 8 bracket - 6 people play in the first round and 1 has a bye to the next round. If 9 show up, you go to the 16 bracket - 2 people play in the first round and 7 have a bye to the next round. The purpose of the first round is to get down to one of the doubling numbers: 16, 8, 4, 2. In the 9 example, you have one more than the 8 needed, so you have to play 2 people to eliminate 1, thus getting down to 8.

BTW, this one automatically generates brackets based on the number you input: http://www.crowsdarts.com/brackets/playoff-chart.html

sockgirl77

jazz lady said:
I've run playing in and running tournaments for 20 years, so I'll give you a little tournament bracket 101 course:

Brackets are based on doubling starting at 2. 2 X 2 = 4, 4 X 2 = 8, 8 X 2 = 16, etc. You use the bracket that is the next higher than the number of people you have. If 7 show up, you would use the 8 bracket - 6 people play in the first round and 1 has a bye to the next round. If 9 show up, you go to the 16 bracket - 2 people play in the first round and 7 have a bye to the next round. The purpose of the first round is to get down to one of the doubling numbers: 16, 8, 4, 2. In the 9 example, you have one more than the 8 needed, so you have to play 2 people to eliminate 1, thus getting down to 8.

BTW, this one automatically generates brackets based on the number you input: http://www.crowsdarts.com/brackets/playoff-chart.html
thanks. that was perfect!

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
sockgirl77 said:
Use Excel if you have it. Start the sheet not showing any gridlines and draw your lines using the cell outline. I just finished 3 huge brackets doing that and after a little bit I got it done in no time at all. You can add the names if you have them right there. They turned out great!