Poor, old, sick Hastert.....

Midnightrider

How is that the bigger issue? Do you think those boys, and their families, had no right to accept the offer? Or to seek it?

What is dumb is equating high school age kids, post pubescent, having sex with an adult as pedophilia, prepubescent. That right there is some dumb stuff and, as Vrai pointed out, is harmful to dealing with pedophilia and real rape and so forth.

If Hastert was banging high school cheerleaders (girls) would you not be making that silly argument? Or you'd consider that pedophilia, too? I can promise you the 'shoot Hastert' crowd would be changing their tune and be thinking "Bastard. Wish I was him!"

sorry, molesting kids of any age who are under your authority is wrong. Calling it one thing or the other does not change that. If you dont see hiding it and coving it up as wrong i dont know what to say. Not only didn't the guy get avoid being punished for his actual crimes, he was allowed to stay in a position where he could continue his crimes AND be elected to one of the highest offices in our country. Yeah, i see that as the bigger issue.