Pop Up Camper Purchase

Khurley

We are in the market for a pop up. We have never owned one, but tent camping is just too much with the little ones. Does anyone have a good place to start our seach? I have checked out the SOMD classifieds, but would like somewhere that we could look at different types.

I posted in another forum and received Economy RV in Mechanicsville, but they do not have Pop Ups in stock at this time.

Thanks!

Bobby7153

There are a couple of places I would check. Beckley's RV in Thurmont and Endless summer RV just down the road from Beckeley's. They are jsut north of Fredrick, MD. In Virginia you can check-out Stafford RV just south of Fredricksburg off of I-95. You can also check-out this site rvoutletusa1.com. They are in Virginia but they have great prices if you don't mind the drive to get one.

JULZ

BFJ
I've been looking for a month to rent one and can't find anything unless I want to drive to St. Michaels or Florida to pick one up.

I know I've seen some on the side of the road a few times "For Sale by Owner".

So basically I've been no help to you at all. :lmao:

We are in the market for a pop up. We have never owned one, but tent camping is just too much with the little ones. Does anyone have a good place to start our seach? I have checked out the SOMD classifieds, but would like somewhere that we could look at different types.

I posted in another forum and received Economy RV in Mechanicsville, but they do not have Pop Ups in stock at this time.

Thanks!

craigslist has one for 2k
*Coleman Pop up Camper*
hope the link works

Elle

Happy Camper!
check out trail manor's website - less set up involved than a popup but still easily tow-able. do you want a bathroom (remember even still it's just a cassette toilet), how about air conditioning???

Khurley

check out trail manor's website - less set up involved than a popup but still easily tow-able. do you want a bathroom (remember even still it's just a cassette toilet), how about air conditioning???

We do not need a bathroom, but AC is a must.

Last edited:
Thanks again -- the folks at Economy RV have been very nice!

This is what we did - we went to Economy RV and spoke with them for about 3 hours. They told us to figure out what kind of layout we wanted and to go visit other dealers and see what's out there, and come back and see if there was anything they could do.

We went to Leo's and I did some online shopping - we went back to Economy with the model we were interested in and they had it on the lot. They gave me a complete out the door price, which was lower than I thought - it was a brand new model for that year. We bought it on the spot.

I could have saved maybe 1K somewhere else, but if I have a problem I take it to someone local (20 minute pull) vice a 3 - 4 hour pull to another dealer... they know us by name and I have nothing but praise for that place.

kayo

Thanks!

We went through this last year and ended up buying our from a private seller that I found on RV Trader. Got an excellent price (saved approximately $3,000). Was a one year old Fleetwood Niagara that had only been used twice. Ours does have all the extras; heat, A/C, bathroom with shower and toilet. You may want to try RV Trader. Good luck!

There is a HUGE RV place on 95 heading toward Richmond on Rt95. Didn't specifically see pop-ups, but they would have been dwarfed by all the RVs.

D

dems4me

craigslist has one for 2k
*Coleman Pop up Camper*
hope the link works

I'm new to the whole camping thing and popups and I'm honestly not trying to be funny. I'm looking at this one, it looks really nice and clean :clap:. I see the queen bed and then see the 2 twin beds mattresses above. My question is, again, I'm being serious - how do they sleep on those short of rolling the camper over?:confused: Where would those go? :shrug:

I'm new to the whole camping thing and popups and I'm honestly not trying to be funny. I'm looking at this one, it looks really nice and clean :clap:. I see the queen bed and then see the 2 twin beds mattresses above. My question is, again, I'm being serious - how do they sleep on those short of rolling the camper over?:confused: Where would those go? :shrug:

There is a Queen at one end, and a Twin at the other. What you see about the Queen is the sag of the canvas over the Queen Bed.

At the front and back of the camper there are stabilizing jacks that screw down to keep the front and back moving like a see-saw.

BTW - this one does not have A/C - you might want to consider one with A/C. :yay:

D

dems4me

There is a Queen at one end, and a Twin at the other. What you see about the Queen is the sag of the canvas over the Queen Bed.

At the front and back of the camper there are stabilizing jacks that screw down to keep the front and back moving like a see-saw.

BTW - this one does not have A/C - you might want to consider one with A/C. :yay:

Thanks! I'll relook at the pciture. Is there a pictrure of the beds and I'm just not seeing it? Yeah, I guess stablishing jacks would be a good idea :killingme: Never thought of that before :lol: And AC... yeah was wondering about AC too. Good ideas! :buddies:

D

dems4me

I see it now :lol: Sometimes my "eye for detail" doesn't work :lol: thanks!

bcp

In My Opinion
I looked at economy, fair prices and the staff was nice enough, however one thing struck me kinda strange.
I drove in to look in my wifes Jetta.
not once did anyone at economy ask what I would be using as my tow vehicle.
At leos, for all three of my camper purchases, they always asked before going any further with me, what was I towing with.
The first camper I bought from them was a pop up, I was joking with them when they asked and I said a corrolla. The salesman shut his book and told me he didnt have anything on his lot that he could sell me in good faith with that car pulling it.

then I told him I had the full size Bronco, book came back out.

economy was ready to sell without ever asking.

little thing I know, but to me it indicated a degree of concern for my safety.

see my sig line.

dustin

UAIOE
make sure you open the pop up from time to time. especially in the fall. I had a buddy we didnt do that and a nest of squirrels made their home in his. The squirrels had made swiss cheese out of the fabric material! He had to have all of it replaced...$$$