Pop Up Camper Purchase

bcp

In My Opinion
I got mine from economy as well.

I had to go for a travel trailer because their pop-ups just weren't big enough.
my pop up was just fine for the three of us for quite awhile,, at least I thought until we got the current TT. Now I dont rightly think I would want to go back, much better to just push a button and have the thing open up.
Plus the two separate bedrooms make a big difference. not to mention the central air and heat.
weight wise, I did like the pop up better

T

toppick08

Id meet you there but my travel expense account needs to rebuild right now.
Im thinking about just hanging around the house, maybe opening up the old pop up for the first time in several years.

Sound's good.....I'll bring the refreshments and a chain....:wink:

D-35

Pop-Up Campers

Pop-ups come in a wide variety of features, floorplans and "plush-ness", but even basic models beat a tent by +1,000%. We sure had a lot of fun in ours and stayed dry, comfortable and cool (most have a/c units that do a fine job).

They're out there; especially these days--I'm sure you'll find a used camper that'll work great for you. Best of luck on that. :coffee:

Also, there's a yearly camper show at the Timonium, MD fairgrounds in the late summer-too late for the current camping season usually, but always fun to see and learn about the new stuff coming out...Pop-Ups (...trailers, 5th-Wheel towed units and smaller M.Bedroom-over-the cab RVs) to 60' diesel pusher plush $350K+ rock-star coaches. It's great to check it all out. With a little TLC, a pop-up can last 12-plus years and you can finance 'em for 15. So much fun!! :buddies:

bcp

In My Opinion
Rv Show

Its a good time (for me) even if we dont plan on actually buying anything.
of course, the first time we went we werent going to buy anything either and drove out with a new pop-up.

Some of the campers that are there are so huge and so well set up that you walk into them and think you just walked in to someones home.

last year they had all the way from the teardrop style pull behind to the 40+ft million dollar Motor Homes.
This year Im spending a good deal of time looking at the fivers and the toy haulers. I want something with the large interior size, tons of storage, washer and dryer, two bathrooms, bunkhouse... and I want it brand new for under 20k.
Ok, that last part might be a bit hard to find.

With what I have now I could go up to a 42 ft and still tow about the same lenght behind me if I switch to a fiver.

Khurley

Thanks

Thanks for all of the help and advice with purchasing a pop up. We bought a 2000 Coleman Utah with heat and AC off of Craigs List. We are very excited!

Thanks for all of the help and advice with purchasing a pop up. We bought a 2000 Coleman Utah with heat and AC off of Craigs List. We are very excited!

:yahoo:

Congratulations.
We started out with a pop-up and had some of the best times. Enjoy your summer!

yankee44

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!:yahoo:

We have sooooo much fun camping and I am sure you will too.

Hey Bcp we need to go to that RV show togather. Let me know when the time gets closer. I am thinking of up gradeing.

bcp

In My Opinion
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!:yahoo:

We have sooooo much fun camping and I am sure you will too.

Hey Bcp we need to go to that RV show togather. Let me know when the time gets closer. I am thinking of up gradeing.
Upgrading?

How you gonna get the wheels under your house?

bcp

In My Opinion
By the way, at those shows its always funny listening in on other people when they are talking to the salesman at various campers.
There was a guy last year trying to convince the salesman that YES his F-150 would pull the 36ft Montana Fiver just fine.