Portis out for 4-6 weeks

Pete

Repete
Anyone else think he is basically done in Washington? If he manages to make it back I can't see them wasting a roster spot on him. Lost half of last year with a concussion, this year with a groin tear, year before what was it an ankle?

I think he is worn out from the pounding he has taken your years.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Anyone else think he is basically done in Washington? If he manages to make it back I can't see them wasting a roster spot on him. Lost half of last year with a concussion, this year with a groin tear, year before what was it an ankle?

:howdy:

Tim Brant was talking on the sports/news yesterday that a tear of this magnitude could be career ending.

Pete

Repete
:howdy:

Tim Brant was talking on the sports/news yesterday that a tear of this magnitude could be career ending.

One source said 3rd degree tear, the other said strain. Hard to tell but he definitely hasn't been "on" in 3 years.

Otter

Nothing to see here
One source said 3rd degree tear, the other said strain. Hard to tell but he definitely hasn't been "on" in 3 years.

I'd like to see him back as a 3rd down back, or obvious passing situation back. As a premier back, he's done.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

I give him all do props for playing as hard as he did.

Tough dude.

Wildcat97

I give him all do props for playing as hard as he did.

Tough dude.

:bigwhoop:
No...not really. He was a good blocker and runner in his day, but when a slight concussion ENDS his season in week 6 last year, I knew then he didn't have the heart to keep going.

Fast forward to this season. Everyone is all "He's changed. He is happy to be with Shanny and he's in better shape." Here we go again. Same old b*tchin' Portis. Torain comes in and shows him up like Betts did last year and now the injury has gone from one week to possibly career-ending?!

Prima-donna

Pete

Repete
No...not really. He was a good blocker and runner in his day, but when a slight concussion ENDS his season in week 6 last year, I knew then he didn't have the heart to keep going.

Fast forward to this season. Everyone is all "He's changed. He is happy to be with Shanny and he's in better shape." Here we go again. Same old b*tchin' Portis. Torain comes in and shows him up like Betts did last year and now the injury has gone from one week to possibly career-ending?!

Prima-donna

Slight concussion? You know this how?

BuddyLee

Football addict
This is the last year of his contract. Shanahan goes through running backs like water. What do you think?

BuddyLee

Football addict

Prima-donna
Sounds a little one-sided.

1) It wasn't a slight concussion.

2) What was he "#####in'" about this year?

3) Portis, despite being injured, actually had a better performance than Torain. This, even though Torain had more carries.

4) Betts didn't do anything last year. He had a decent run in 2007, four years ago.

5) Off-the-bone sounds pretty severe. Those who were saying it was one week were the same fools (such as yourself) speculating on a minute amount of information.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

:howdy: Love me some Clinton Portis, but he hasn't done well for the last few years at all. Too many injuries.

BuddyLee

Football addict
4-6 weeks and not "career ending".:howdy:

Clinton Portis will be sidelined 4-6 weeks after an MRI revealed that he suffered a third-<NOBR>degree</NOBR> separation of the groin.

Head coach Mike Shanahan revealed the news following Wednesday’s practice.

The injury will not require surgery, Shanahan said.
Shanahan characterized the injury as a “temporary setback” for Portis.

“Clinton is tough,” Shanahan said. “He'll get a lot of <NOBR>rehab</NOBR> here. Hopefully he’s back in four weeks instead of six weeks, but a third degree separation is off the bone. It’s quite sore right now.”

Portis Out 4-6 Weeks With Groin Injury

Wildcat97

Sounds a little one-sided.

1) It wasn't a slight concussion.

2) What was he "#####in'" about this year?

3) Portis, despite being injured, actually had a better performance than Torain. This, even though Torain had more carries.

4) Betts didn't do anything last year. He had a decent run in 2007, four years ago.

5) Off-the-bone sounds pretty severe. Those who were saying it was one week were the same fools (such as yourself) speculating on a minute amount of information.

Why the name calling?

It was Portis himself who said it was a minor injury. It was his speculation that had the media and everyone else say maybe this wasn't as bad as it sounded. Then it goes from a pull to a 3rd degree separation which brought on the "off-the-bone" statement. Shanahan characterized the injury as a “temporary setback” for Portis. Off the bone doesn't really seem to be temporary.

I bet that hurts. Anyone who has ever blown a knee or ripped a ligament/tendon will atest that there is a significant amount of pain involved.

The whole TEAM didn't do anything last year and when isn't Portis complaining about something....

Finally, I already corrected myself about the "slight" comment earlier...read the other posts.

thurley42

HY;FR
You don't say.:lol:

The NFL doesn't mess around with concussions anymore. For instance, although Cutler shows signs of recovery he's not starting this week in a critical NFC conference game.

I'm glad they are taking a more proactive stance on concussions, and are spending more money to research the long term effects.....As of June I've had 9 and I sometimes worry about what's going to happen to me when I'm older......

That being said, and it takes a lot from me to say this about a Redskin, I give him no grief for sitting out....I got knocked out once and I didn't feel right for a month....that stuff can really mess with you..

Last edited: