Posion Ivy

backagain39

Calamine Lotion.

If, you have terrible, open puss blisters, soak the affected parts in warm bleach water.......helps dry it up.

I have been using over the counter cream for two days.....I just finished soaking my hand in bleach water.....at least the itching is slowing down alittle. My one hand is covered and my eye lid and cheek and neck.....the eye seems ok just a little swollen but not messy. Now I remember why I hate yard work....YUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I have been using over the counter cream for two days.....I just finished soaking my hand in bleach water.....at least the itching is slowing down alittle. My one hand is covered and my eye lid and cheek and neck.....the eye seems ok just a little swollen but not messy. Now I remember why I hate yard work....YUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!
If it is oozing, be careful not to spread it. Blot the ooz with a tissue, don't wipe.

A

amotley

my children are highly allergic to it. we find that if you paint clear nail polish on it and use benedryl thats the ticket. keep applying the nail polish after baths and like each time it starts itching, it covers it and keeps it from ozzing and spreading,

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent

You might want to go to the doctor and get a shot in the arm like a forumite member here just got last week for posion ivy.

danceintherain

Do NOT use moisturizing soap, that locks the poison in and makes the rash much much worse. Use ivory or dawn dish washing liquid. Rinse well. Its not the ooze that causes spreading. Not getting all the poison ivy oil off the skin is what causes spreading. Taking Claritin or Benedryl will help with the itching. Oatmeal baths and using calomine lotion. If it continues to spread or gets near your eyes or private parts you need to see a doctor.

backagain39

Do NOT use moisturizing soap, that locks the poison in and makes the rash much much worse. Use ivory or dawn dish washing liquid. Rinse well. Its not the ooze that causes spreading. Not getting all the poison ivy oil off the skin is what causes spreading. Taking Claritin or Benedryl will help with the itching. Oatmeal baths and using calomine lotion. If it continues to spread or gets near your eyes or private parts you need to see a doctor.

I went up to the clinic yesterday to get the doc to check my eye but the people in there had been waiting for 3 hours and then the nurse comes out with a piece of paper and handed that out to everyone over 40 (me) and it says that everyone in the clinic had been exposed to the measles!!!!!! I left........my luck is still holding.......LOL

Anyway THANKS ALL for the info and as always this too will pass.......

E

(((echo)))

anything to dry it out, i totally understand that i'm wierd but i either use gasoline, or naptha.
or course then again when i get a cut i use superglue and duct tape :lol:

SShewbert

What love is all about

:yeahthat:

I was always told oatmeal baths and calomine lotion.

I went up to the clinic yesterday to get the doc to check my eye but the people in there had been waiting for 3 hours and then the nurse comes out with a piece of paper and handed that out to everyone over 40 (me) and it says that everyone in the clinic had been exposed to the measles!!!!!! I left........my luck is still holding.......LOL

Anyway THANKS ALL for the info and as always this too will pass.......

That would be awful. Go for one thing and end up with the measles.
I would still try to get an appointment though since it is near your eyes.

E

(((echo)))

The fam and I (back in missouri) was mushroom hunt'n (not those kinds of shrooms) :lol:
anywhoo...to make a long story short i had to poo so i went behind a tree...and grabbed the wrong leaf to wipe :dead:
poison ivy in the butt crack is not a pleasent experience

T

toppick08

The fam and I (back in missouri) was mushroom hunt'n (not those kinds of shrooms) :lol:
anywhoo...to make a long story short i had to poo so i went behind a tree...and grabbed the wrong leaf to wipe :dead:
poison ivy in the butt crack is not a pleasent experience

:roflmao: