Posion Ivy

onebdzee

off the shelf
Anyone have a cure for this most itchy mess!!!!!!!!

I am highly allergic to poison ivy(as in I look at it and get it all over me) and the way I found to get rid of the best is with Dawn dish soap

Wet the affected area and gently wash the area with the Dawn....wait for a couple of minutes and wash off....repeat if necessary later if the itching continues

The Dawn breaks up the oil of the poison ivy and then drys out the affected area

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
The fam and I (back in missouri) was mushroom hunt'n (not those kinds of shrooms) :lol:
anywhoo...to make a long story short i had to poo so i went behind a tree...and grabbed the wrong leaf to wipe :dead:
poison ivy in the butt crack is not a pleasent experience

My mom had poison ivy and shingles on her face at the same time.

I am highly allergic to poison ivy(as in I look at it and get it all over me) and the way I found to get rid of the best is with Dawn dish soap

Wet the affected area and gently wash the area with the Dawn....wait for a couple of minutes and wash off....repeat if necessary later if the itching continues

The Dawn breaks up the oil of the poison ivy and then drys out the affected area

I think I found some in the back of my yard, could you come and verify it for me?

Only if you wash the affected areas(if any) with Dawn dish soap for me
Just the answer I was looking for.
:lmao:

Last edited:

tommyjones

my children are highly allergic to it. we find that if you paint clear nail polish on it and use benedryl thats the ticket. keep applying the nail polish after baths and like each time it starts itching, it covers it and keeps it from ozzing and spreading,

:terribleidea:

you are basically just putting unnecessary toxins in your childrens blood streams.
nail polish is not intended for us on skin, and definately not on broken or ozzing skin.

same goes for most of the other "remedies"

the dawn probably wont hurt you, but benadryl and calamine are your best bet

doubtfull24

Make sure and throw away the soap you used after being exposed to the poison ivy and wipe down anything you touched with rubbing alcohol ... Also if your dogs have been in the poison ivy wear gloves and give them a good bath because the oil could get on their hair or skin and you can end up getting the poison ivy back from petting them.

lovinmaryland

They make this stuff called Tecnu and you wash the effected area w/ it and it heels the rash faster. I am highly allergic and this stuff works great :yay: