Post "Cat Fight" Reprimand

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
hwyman3 said:
Jr. seems to be doing better since he got Tony Eury back. He sure had a great run at Mertinsville!
I think he's got enough car, but there's so much more to than just steering it around the track.

He might have a hell of a year.

hwyman3

Agreed. You could have the best car set-up out there, but it takes a great deal of talent to be able to bring that car home in first!

JayBo

lately i've been thinking that nascar has nothing to do with driving skill OR car setup. seems more to me like what does vince mcmahon want to happen... yes that is a reference to the WWF.... fake fake fake

Mikeinsmd

JayBo said:
lately i've been thinking that nascar has nothing to do with driving skill OR car setup. seems more to me like what does vince mcmahon want to happen... yes that is a reference to the WWF.... fake fake fake
Yes, it's sooooo easy to fake going 200mph into a turn then crashing & rolling end for end down a backstretch. :duh:

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
Mikeinsmd said:
Yes, it's sooooo easy to fake going 200mph into a turn then crashing & rolling end for end down a backstretch. :duh:
Don't forget how well they faked those deaths!

Somdmommy

:Jeepin' in NC:
Penn said:
I think he's got enough car, but there's so much more to than just steering it around the track.

He might have a hell of a year.

Ya know i dont really like Jr, but man, after seeing him Run with half of the front end of is car missing....WHOOO

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Somdmommy said:
Ya know i dont really like Jr, but man, after seeing him Run with half of the front end of is car missing....WHOOO
I was kind of amazed that he did as well as he did - as messed up as that car was.

And, he kept his cool, knowing he didn't have the aerodynamics going for him.

Impressive. :yay:

Mikeinsmd

Penn said:
I was kind of amazed that he did as well as he did - as messed up as that car was.

And, he kept his cool, knowing he didn't have the aerodynamics going for him.

Impressive. :yay:
Aerodynamics are moot on short tracks. His main concern was that he had no front end to bump anybody. :lmao:

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
Mikeinsmd said:
Aerodynamics are moot on short tracks. His main concern was that he had no front end to bump anybody. :lmao:
Also with the right front fender gone he was able to cool the hottest brake quicker allowing him to drive harder into the corners. So he WAS at an advantage.

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
Mikeinsmd said:
Yep yep yep!!! :yay:
If there were a couple hands full of laps left he may have pulled off a win. Wouldn't that have been a nice car for the winner circle? :lol:

sonicbluegt

JayBo said:

for some reason my Jaybo login is messed up....
first off let me say that i've been watching NASCAR for about 18 years. i grew up in nazareth, pa and used to go to pocono and nazareth every year. i've also been to martinsville, richmond, and phoenix. i used to be a Dale Sr. fan and after his death, it was an easy switch to go with Jr. until recently he's been driving like a pu$$y... so i've been more into Tony Stewart because his driving style seems to be more like Sr's. but that's besides the point. i'm not ignorant to racing and i'm certainly not uneducated on how racing works. i used to be a big NASCAR fan myself ...just trying to give you an idea of who i am so maybe you'll see me with some more credit with my opinions....
the reason it's been seeming more and more fake to me is not the crashes. it's the end of the races. Junior wins the next race at daytona after sr dies. the hendricks wins right after the plane crash in martinsville. all the green, white, checker finishes that seem to happen after a 12 lap caution flag for "debris". there's been many more occasions that "fake" has come to mind, i just can't think of them right now. most of them happen on the big tracks like daytona and talladega where it concievably wouldn't be hard to rig a race and is also coincidentally the races that get the biggest audience. it's just been all too convenient lately to be believable in my eyes. i guess Jerry Springer would be a better analogy than Vince McMahon after this cat fight ...maybe it's just me....