Pot pies

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
The ones we used to get when the kids were coming up was Mrs. (somebody) chicken pot pie and they were by the cheese and lunch meat, not frozen. They had individual size and "family" size that supposedly served four but really served two.
Mrs. Budd's?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Speaking of Marie Callander, I was in the mood for some ice cream. I usually get the 'birthday cake' cups by Friendly's. Marie Callander had a birthday cake pie, so I gave it a try.

omg. It is like eating a super saturated pile of sugar. I literally cannot eat it. It's awful. Worst ice cream I've ever had.
I get Breyers no sugar added ice cream now. It's not as good as their regular ice cream, but it passes for those watching their sugar intake. <--prchjrkr

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I know that this thread is about store-bought pot pies, but I have to chime in. My favorite chicken pot pie is from KFC.

:faint:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I get Breyers no sugar added ice cream now. It's not as good as their regular ice cream, but it passes for those watching their sugar intake. <--prchjrkr
I have to watch sugar too, like in none. I've tried the sugar free/no added, but would rather do without, and treat myself to a real ice cream on special occasions.

And one more thing about that Marie Callander "ice cream" cake. Remember Willy Wonka made an ice cream that never melted? Pretty sure he's working for Callander now. I was too lazy to throw out the piece I got earlier this evening, so I just left it on the plate. It's been sitting there for about 2 hours now and has not melted. It's gotten soft, but still looks like I just cut it. This cannot be real ice cream. Now it's a science experiment. I'm gonna leave it there and wait....

Oh, the 'whipped topping' tasted and felt just like Cool Whip. yuk. So disappointed.

phreddyp

In St. Georges , Bermuda on the left on the main drag just before the town is a hole in the wall called Reid's . They have great beef and chicken pot pies but the best by far was the mussel pot pie. It was to die for, if you ever happen to get there give them a try you will not be disappointed !

SamSpade

Remember when you had to cook those things in the oven for an hour?

I never want to go back to those dark days.

I haven't had a pot pie from the store in years. Here at this house, it's pretty much homemade from leftovers, and it's always pretty damned good.
This year it had leftover turkey from one we had brined and deep fried - and my wife used the leftover DARK meat - so it was great.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I haven't had a pot pie from the store in years. Here at this house, it's pretty much homemade from leftovers, and it's always pretty damned good.
This year it had leftover turkey from one we had brined and deep fried - and my wife used the leftover DARK meat - so it was great.
I've tried a few times, but it never comes out quite right. I seem to have a problem with the gravy, too thick, too thin doesn't taste right... Pre-made pie crusts aren't the best, not flaky enough and pastry is not one of my strong points.