Potential spam phone calls

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I get a lot of phone calls that I ignore. Rarely do they leave a voice message. Now I've been seeing for the past 2 days on the caller ID where it says Potential Spam. I'm sure the phone company has some algorithm that determines if the number is potential spam by the number of phone calls it makes a day. I do appreciate knowing ahead of time. Better yet would be to just be able to block all these annoying interruptions.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I've noticed this lately with VZW. I have call screening, voicemail to text, and spam filters. I also turn the ringer off about 90% of the time. I check my phone when I have time to address calls, not when someone else thinks it's a good time to talk.

Escalade14

Go Rams!
If idk the number of who's calling me, I don't answer. Some would say that if the call was important, they would leave a message, but that's not always the case.

Sure, they might leave a message, but it's most likely either a scam spiel (such as lowering credit card interest or student loans) or dead air (when there's nothing said or any background noise on the message).

Sometimes a quick Google search can prove if it's a spam call or not, given people might complain via websites or other forum boards

Monello

PREMO Member
My most recent phone calls. 7 spam calls yesterday and already 1 this morning. I do appreciate this service from the phone company. Now to find a way to make the scam calls not even ring my phone number.

Screenshot_20220326-111959.png

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
My latest annoyance phone calls are coming from (240) 358-xxxx. The last 4 digits are always different but it’s a live voice asking for Hunter. I tell them they have the wrong number and then they ask if I know anything about the property at xxx, no I don’t, then they ask if I know of any other properties for sale, sorry no. The they call back from a slightly different number, 28 times they did this.

PeoplesElbow

I make stuff up. Pretty sure the calls come from a debit collector.

I actually even got a call on my work phone one day, so I gave them the address of the building next door and my friends phone number.

Grumpy

So freaking tired of these spam calls..Today I got 2, one from a number that looked like it came from my office, or a vendor we do biz with in Lex Park (863 #) and another from "SMO" (southen md oil)...both were for insurance. With all the tech out there, why can't someone put a stop to this.. :mad:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
So freaking tired of these spam calls..Today I got 2, one from a number that looked like it came from my office, or a vendor we do biz with in Lex Park (863 #) and another from "SMO" (southen md oil)...both were for insurance. With all the tech out there, why can't someone put a stop to this.. :mad:
If I get a number that looks familiar, and I am expecting a call I'll answer. BUT, I will only say hello once. No response, I hang up.

Monello

PREMO Member
well, just today, an asian guy (that couldnt pronounce my name) from Centukkkyyy told me about the order from ADAMS Co. that was being delayed and needed to verify my account number. I told him I was very thankful but I had reported the product stolen to the Maryland Bureau of Highway Patrol.
The next thing I heard was a busy signal.
My spouse calls me a bad name because I do that all the time. But I block them too. (maybe Ill block her too)
I heard the weather in centuckkky is nice this time of year.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
well, just today, an asian guy (that couldnt pronounce my name) from Centukkkyyy told me about the order from ADAMS Co. that was being delayed and needed to verify my account number. I told him I was very thankful but I had reported the product stolen to the Maryland Bureau of Highway Patrol.
The next thing I heard was a busy signal.
My spouse calls me a bad name because I do that all the time. But I block them too. (maybe Ill block her too)
I wish I had the gift of improvisational thought.

Guess I'm still pretty lucky. I haven't gotten (jinx, jinx) a spam call in months. Email is a different story, but my spam filters work really well.