Potomac Lobster Sightings Explained

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Nearly a dozen dead lobsters found on shore

Sport fishermen come to Leesylvania State Park in search of the Potomac River’s collection of largemouth bass, catfish, perch and striped bass.

But lobster?

At least 10 lobsters washed up on the park’s shoreline last weekend, according to PotomacLocal.com.

Alas, sportsmen hoping for a lobster invasion -- a la the snakehead -- will be disappointed.

Potomac Lobster Sightings Explained | NBC Washington

Besides being warm water creatures, spiny lobster also can't tolerate the lower salinity of the bay and river.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I just don't understand groups that feel the need to "sacrifice" living creatures. How about we put THEM in the cold water and watch them scramble for shore?

Besides being warm water creatures, spiny lobster also can't tolerate the lower salinity of the bay and river.

Well, if the lobster were sacrificed by throwing them in a pot of boiling water and serving them with butter, I could get behind that....

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Well um me too, but they are just throwing them to a slow death by what they did. At least in a steamer or in boiling water the end comes fast AND the critter FEEDS someone.

Well, if the lobster were sacrificed by throwing them in a pot of boiling water and serving them with butter, I could get behind that....