Potty concern

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Where do you buy the California Natural and why do you prefer that type? I'm always on the look out to improve what I feed my gang. Thx!

I get it at Clippers Canine Cafe in Solomons. It doesn't have a lot of ingredients and no preservatives, fillers, chemicals, etc.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
For my karma giver, of course I do. Do you ever give nice karma. :ohwell:

I happen to think my mutt cat is gorgeous so saying her cat looks like my mutt cat IS a compliment. Have a nice day.

C

ChristineG6

Have to say after 14 1/2 yrs of being a vet tech, even if you don't suspect coccidia it can still be that. Some pets are a lot more sensitive even with small numbers of coccidia. Very unlikely to be Guardia unless she has been around stagnent water. I fostered a lot of bottle baby kittens over the years and some of the litters would break with diarrhea, a lot of the time the vet would recommend sorry can't remember the brand name, but semi soft food in pouches, but only chicken flavor. But would definately would have a fecal checked just in case. And for some reason persians seem to be very sensitive as a breed. Also yes the pumpkin is also a great idea.

yknotpoms

SOMD POM MOM
For my karma giver, of course I do. Do you ever give nice karma. :ohwell:

I happen to think my mutt cat is gorgeous so saying her cat looks like my mutt cat IS a compliment. Have a nice day.

Not much into Karma, but I try to insure she is happy and gets all the love she can take.

Well Orchid is a loved pet, she isn't a show cat or a breeder. We got her to keep one of our cats company. He is 11 and didn't care for her much at first, but now they seem to get along. She actually is better friends with a couple of poms tho.

Beverly

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Not much into Karma, but I try to insure she is happy and gets all the love she can take.

It wasn't you, it was some unhappy person that sent me karma.

I think she's pretty, I like the Doll Face persians much better. I was trying to find a picture of Allie (my kitty) when she was a baby...the could be twins. Allie's grandmother was a persian.

yknotpoms

SOMD POM MOM
would love to see a pic of her. I also have a large boy (Toulouse) Persian that is solid black he is like 16 lbs. I will have to see if I can find a pic of him. I also have a Tortie Point Hymie that is 15 yrs old. We lots her brother last Spring. He was Toulouse's BF and the reason we got Orchid. To help him have some fun again. Poms that are 4.5-9lbs aren't really willing to take on a 16 lb Persian. :)

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
would love to see a pic of her. I also have a large boy (Toulouse) Persian that is solid black he is like 16 lbs. I will have to see if I can find a pic of him. I also have a Tortie Point Hymie that is 15 yrs old. We lots her brother last Spring. He was Toulouse's BF and the reason we got Orchid. To help him have some fun again. Poms that are 4.5-9lbs aren't really willing to take on a 16 lb Persian. :)

I did post a pic of her...look on the first page of this thread.

yknotpoms

SOMD POM MOM
Just thought I would send an update. She started to improve on Metrozole/Flagyl at a low dose twice a day. She is now solid and we are all much happier. Now we just have to get her back to using the cat box 100%. Poor little thing got all messed up, over this. So a little wiser, remember to buy your cat food before you run to low, just incase they stop making the kind your feed to the transfer isn't so drastic on thier systems.

Cowgirl

Just thought I would send an update. She started to improve on Metrozole/Flagyl at a low dose twice a day. She is now solid and we are all much happier. Now we just have to get her back to using the cat box 100%. Poor little thing got all messed up, over this. So a little wiser, remember to buy your cat food before you run to low, just incase they stop making the kind your feed to the transfer isn't so drastic on thier systems.

Did she have parasites?

yknotpoms

SOMD POM MOM
No parasites found. Meds were given for two reasons, Coccidia, Garridia, & Campy are sheeding and can be missing from samples depending on the sheading time. Also Metrozole/Flagyl will help with them, so will Albon, but it also helps with tummy upset, due to stress, diet change, and nerves.

Thankful nothing was found or I would be treating the whole house.

yknotpoms

SOMD POM MOM
Long over due thanks to the person that gave me green. I just learned today where you can see it. :) Her potties are getting better slowly, but I think because of the issues and some changes we have some retraining to do. Thanks to everyone for their help.