Prayers needed for another one of our own

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Elise Thompson (Paraclete's Paradise Farm) who has hosted the Fall Harvest Trail ride for us, had emergency brain surgery Wed of this week. The docs say they preliminarily don't think her tumor was cancer, but she's in intensive care at Anne Arundle hospital. She is talking some, and can read from a chart, but hasn't thus far been able to get up and walk yet.

Please keep this sweet lady and her hubby in your thoughts and prayers as she recovers. She's been through a lot in the last few months.

mommarock

happyappygirl said:
Elise Thompson (Paraclete's Paradise Farm) who has hosted the Fall Harvest Trail ride for us, had emergency brain surgery Wed of this week. The docs say they preliminarily don't think her tumor was cancer, but she's in intensive care at Anne Arundle hospital. She is talking some, and can read from a chart, but hasn't thus far been able to get up and walk yet.

Please keep this sweet lady and her hubby in your thoughts and prayers as she recovers. She's been through a lot in the last few months.

Sending my prayers her way :huggy:

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
I know Elise was planning on having surgery in late April. One way to look at this is that she had one less month to worry. I am glad that it is over with and praying that the tumor is not cancerous. She's a real sweetheart and her faith is strong. I like how she prays for our safety when she hosts a trail ride :huggy: .

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
happyappygirl said:

My goodnesss! I am so sorry to hear this. We will be sending our thoughts and prayers her way.

MorganLover

OM goodness how terrible. She has some of the same problems i do, thanks god my MRI didn't show anything like that with my vertigo. Prayers being said and if you visit her again mom please tell her i am thinking about them.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Well a terrible update...
Elise was released from the hospital yesterday, went to the barn, and got kicked in the face and flown out. They tell me she's resting comfortably waiting for more surgery to fix a broken nose and cheekbones. The same injuries i had 2 summers ago. I ache for her.
Updates as they are available.

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
Geez... If she didn't have bad luck she wouldn't have any! I'm sure anyone of us would do the same thing and go to the barn as SOON as we could to see our dear friends. What hospital is she in?

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
happyappygirl said:
Elise was released from the hospital yesterday, went to the barn, and got kicked in the face and flown out. They tell me she's resting comfortably waiting for more surgery to fix a broken nose and cheekbones. The same injuries i had 2 summers ago. I ache for her.

Holy shiat...I heard that today and told them YOUR WRONG..she had surgery on wed and was in ICU...cant be home and kicked already...crap...

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
happyappygirl said:

OMG! I feel so sorry for her. She and her family surely will be in our thoughts and prayers.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
YUP she left a voice mail for me around 6:00 pm, and was kicked in the face and in the chopper by 8:00pm. I think she's in Anne Arundle since that's where her tumor surgery was performed (I'll confirm that when i can reach her hubby again) her hubby said something about a shunt or something in her nose. They had gone through her nose to take the tumor out.
I was surprised they let her go, but it was under the strict orders for 2 weeks bed rest. I went out to the horses the day i came home from all three of my last surgeries. So i understand what she did and why. But GEEZE....Louise. That Poor woman.

Last edited: