Preakness this Saturday should be

FrmGrl

Get some!
:confused:
She had the lead coming out of the box and held it for the entire race.
Had she gotten to the rail she would have been further ahead in my opinion. It was a close race. She didnt exactly leave them in the dust. She almost lost it. Thats whay I said "pulled through"

fredsaid2

hahahahaaa obama LOL

awesome race. i bet if it had been half a furlong longer, mine that bird would have taken it!

I thought the same thing until I watched a few replays. He wasn't gaining on her at the very end. The jockey said she rallied the last bit. It was a great race!

unixpirate

Pitty Party
Wonder what the stewards thought of the interference in that "race"? :whistle:

In the aerial shots the infield looked sparse. The no alcohol rule this year ruined the party for a lot of people.

Thought Paso had it with "I'm in love with a truck driving man" :shrug:

SugarNSpikes

hahahahaaa obama LOL

awesome race. i bet if it had been half a furlong longer, mine that bird would have taken it!

Agreed. I think that Mine That Bird was the better horse and if Borel was riding him, then the outcome probably would have different.

Of course, I am happy for Rachel Alexandra. :] It's nice to see a filly keeping up with the colts. :D

J

jp2854

wasn't rachel alexandra the only female horse in the race with a bunch of males? I am glad she won.

IntegritysDream

What a good race... no one got hurt! yay! I think if the track was any longer watch that bird would have one, the mare was excellent though. To bad watch that bird is a gelding.... once hes done with the racing, he wont be bring in anymore money :( its a shame cause hes so calm and cute. The filly will put off some nice looking babies too... I was routing for em both. Hope the Belmont goes as well as the other 2 have, and everyone makes it through safely. Who do yall think is gonna win the belmont? Watch that bird was bred to run that long track....

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Wonder what the stewards thought of the interference in that "race"? :whistle:

In the aerial shots the infield looked sparse. The no alcohol rule this year ruined the party for a lot of people.

They pass the no alchol rules.. the owners go broke, than MOM comes in with eminent domain takes over the track, names HIS owner, then runs it the way MOM wants him to.. First thing, now that MOM owns the track, is probably overturn the no alcohol rule.. make it into a success story that MOM can use come re-election time..

WE have our very own little Obama.. They go Broke, offer them a "bail-out", force them to accept YOUR deal.. Name who gets to run the show..

avapie

Here's another race from the Preakness. :whistle:

YouTube - Preakness Toilet Run 2008

I was there for that experience! Those are full beer cans being thrown at the "racers". There were more bets on the port a potty races than on the actual horses when we were there. The most amazing part is that this went on for HOURS! You would think we would have run out of beer or drunks, but that wasn't the case. Most folks actually landed on the ground on their heads.

covekat

They pass the no alchol rules.. the owners go broke, than MOM comes in with eminent domain takes over the track, names HIS owner, then runs it the way MOM wants him to.. First thing, now that MOM owns the track, is probably overturn the no alcohol rule.. make it into a success story that MOM can use come re-election time..

WE have our very own little Obama.. They go Broke, offer them a "bail-out", force them to accept YOUR deal.. Name who gets to run the show..

While it's a nice theory, the state didn't pass the no alcohol rule, the MJC (Maryland Jockey Club) did... they own the Preakness, not the owners of the racetrack or the state...soooo...

While I agree it was a stupid move, and attendance was the lowest it's been since 1983, the rule looks like it's going to stick. Unless of course the state does purchase Pimlico, Laurel and the Bowie Training Center.

As of now the Maryland tracks are off the sale table.