Prescription shortages

frequentflier

happy to be living
The Dr put me on high blood pressure medicine about a year ago. CVS said it has been back ordered for two months and I am unable to refill the 90 day prescription. They were able to give me three pills. CVS keeps telling me they send faxes to the Dr office and the DR office keeps telling me they haven't been receiving them. Either way, I have been out for 10 days- two weeks! After a couple tries, I finally got through this morning and the Dr office is supposed to be calling in a script to seperate the formula.
Anyone else having this issue with medications? Is this a "supply chain" issue??

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Might be a "made in China" issue. Do a search for your specific med and someone on the internet will tell you what's going on with it.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Anyone else having this issue with medications? Is this a "supply chain" issue??

Yes ... ish

When my Doc put me on a new med, it took 3 - 4 weeks for CVS to fill the script1\

So far, everything I have been prescribed has been available

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
The Dr put me on high blood pressure medicine about a year ago. CVS said it has been back ordered for two months and I am unable to refill the 90 day prescription. They were able to give me three pills. CVS keeps telling me they send faxes to the Dr office and the DR office keeps telling me they haven't been receiving them. Either way, I have been out for 10 days- two weeks! After a couple tries, I finally got through this morning and the Dr office is supposed to be calling in a script to seperate the formula.
CVS SUCKS! I had been a customer at St. John's Pharmacy for years. When CVS took over it went to chit. I moved to a small pharmacy and have had absolutely NO problems. Maybe you should switch.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
CVS SUCKS! I had been a customer at St. John's Pharmacy for years. When CVS took over it went to chit. I moved to a small pharmacy and have had absolutely NO problems. Maybe you should switch.
Yes, and no. I too hate CVS. They keep insisting on doing auto-refill even when I explicitly click no on the keypad, decline via text and tell them in person to delete all auto refill info. So went to WalMart for a script, and the cost went from $0 to $40 for a 90 day blood pressure med. After some more digging, CVS has the cheapest prices on all my meds.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Yes, and no. I too hate CVS. They keep insisting on doing auto-refill even when I explicitly click no on the keypad, decline via text and tell them in person to delete all auto refill info. So went to WalMart for a script, and the cost went from $0 to $40 for a 90 day blood pressure med. After some more digging, CVS has the cheapest prices on all my meds.
I am fortunate to only have 1 med to refill on a regular basis and another on an occasional basis.

stgislander

PREMO Member
CVS (and their mail order arm CareMark) is the desired pharmacy for CareFirst BCBS. I pay a little more for my meds when I transferred my scripts to Weis. CareFirst would not pay for my seasonal flu shot because I didn't get it at CVS.

frequentflier

happy to be living
CVS has always been my pharmacy; mostly for the convenience when I had my store. I have had few issues in all the years I have been going there so I never saw the need to go elsewhere. It is still convenient as I go to Solomons for the chiropractor, library and bank. They did leave a message that they have a prescription for me so I will stop by there today after the chiro.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I use the CVS on 3 Notch by the Jarboe building. In the 9 1/4 years I've been here, problem with only 1 scrip.

PeoplesElbow

I had the same with clopigrel (plavix) for my mom right after she had a stent put in her leg. They kept telling me tomorrow. I told them to transfer it to a pharmacy that has it because she needs it right away to avoid a blood clot and they magically sh1t it out.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Just went to pick up my BP meds, back-ordered for another week. I have about a week's worth left, going to be close.

Rommey

I was on Lisinopril, but got the side effect of the persistent dry cough.
I was just taken off Lisinopril after several years being on it. The cancer treatment I just went through resulted in me losing about 50 lbs and my blood pressure was getting too low to stay on Lisinopril. I also had the dry cough but I got my doc to write a prescription for Zyrtec and that fixed that problem.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The cancer treatment I just went through resulted in me losing about 50 lbs and my blood pressure was getting too low to stay on Lisinopril.
I feel you there, lost that much during my cancer bout in 2015.
Was off BP meds altogether as it was normal when I was lighter.
Unusually for a post-Whipple patient, I gained it all back, and then some.
Went 2 years without.

FTS

Losartan 100mg. It replaced Valsartan which had cancer causing ingredients.
I'm also on losartan 100 mg. I just got it refilled this week after a long fight with the pharmacy/doctors. With a week to go I was cutting them in half so I would have two weeks of something vice nothing.